the 100% directionless thread

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Started yesterday with a fulminant CHF, midpointed with terrible sepsis + head injury from a fall and overnighting on the floor (but we got the dog squared away with neighbor), and wrapped up with a legit stroke. Best part was I got to play chauffeur for a new medic and very little paperwork lol.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Ran out of the office to cover a MVA call as a second medic and didn’t grab narcs. Sounded like BS on the radio, figured I’d wind up writing a refusal or two.

5 trauma alerts. Mine had an open tib/fib. Had to borrow narcs from another crew. Oops.

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Ran out of the office to cover a MVA call as a second medic and didn’t grab narcs. Sounded like BS on the radio, figured I’d wind up writing a refusal or two.

5 trauma alerts. Mine had an open tib/fib. Had to borrow narcs from another crew. Oops.

Our night crew did a swap into a spare for our mainline's regular maintenance. Made a big deal about how they got the only one with the locking drug cabinet. It was either 2nd or 3rd day on for us so we didn't do as complete of a check. Got to our second call and my partner went to go grab our ALS bag with all our drugs only to turn around with "well that's concerning..." and an empty cabinet.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Last month I had 16 flights (busy for a flight team), multiple RSI’s, and about an 90/10 scene to IFT ratio. The beginning of this month hardly seems to be letting up.

Needless to say I’m ready for our bi-annual family vacation. And, for summer to be over in general.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

68195FCD-9C4E-4F08-AE4C-E09A7ED3316E.jpeg

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Last month I had 16 flights (busy for a flight team), multiple RSI’s, and about an 90/10 scene to IFT ratio. The beginning of this month hardly seems to be letting up.

Needless to say I’m ready for our bi-annual family vacation. And, for summer to be over in general.
We have been 12+ per 12 hour shift for a bit now. I kinda miss my 8 call days, that was always the perfect balance.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I had 3 calls in 16.5 hours yesterday. Granted 13 hours of that shift was a standby but still.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Jeez....27 yo 500 lbs v fib arrest in front of the neighborhood, then a bad pediatric asthma with "I'm getting tired of breathing." @TransportJockey , did you lose your cloud?

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Picked up PRN shift at my side gig with the IFT...we pulled in to ED bay on a transfer to see my full time service in all 5 spots, 2 in the overflow and 2 more trucks coming down the street.

Reasons I don't work OT at the 911 for 500 Alec.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Pulling 72-96 hrs weeks for the past 6 months starts taking a toll. Mostly the b2b ER-box shifts that more often than not result in ~30 (or longer) sleepless hours, and a complete loss of circadian rhythm. Not to mention the continuous frustration of transitioning from hospital-based care to a fire-based “don’t really care”. Can’t wait for the new house to come through, so I can finally turn in my 2 weeks with the amberlamps...

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Joined Brazilian Jiu Jitsu last week. I'm tired. But it's fun! Hopefully I finally found something that I can stick with.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I need to find something like that, whether that's BJJ or something else.
I like BJJ because it is grappling and not hitting and kicking. But the biggest thing is find something you enjoy. Orange theory fitness we a good workout. But I didn't really enjoy it. I felt like cattle. Here I feel like a rag doll but am enjoying it.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Joined Brazilian Jiu Jitsu last week. I'm tired. But it's fun! Hopefully I finally found something that I can stick with.
I used BJJ to stay in shape for YEARSSSSSSSS. Still have my Brown belt somewhere. Judo and aikido are also super fun if you have the chance to learn a bit about those as well. believe @Gurby was also a MMA master ;). Best workouts i've ever had.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
I used BJJ to stay in shape for YEARSSSSSSSS. Still have my Brown belt somewhere. Judo and aikido are also super fun if you have the chance to learn a bit about those as well. believe @Gurby was also a MMA master ;). Best workouts i've ever had.

I’m exploring the BJJ near where I live. Would love to do Aikido, but there aren’t any decent dojos around.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I’m exploring the BJJ near where I live. Would love to do Aikido, but there aren’t any decent dojos around.
I think it’s a great thing to know for life purposes, especially public service where we tend to deal with........... excited/elaborate folks.
And does wonders for your cardio :)

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Ever have one of those days when you get a good look at your own mortality?

I transported a septic woman yesterday to the ED from a PCPs office. She looked like death, hypotensive and feverish. She was s/p double mastectomy about 2 weeks ago and had a bunch of other unrelated medical issues. While we were driving, she asked me for another blanket and when I draped it around her shoulders she said, “thanks for helping out grandma”.

She was 2 years younger than me.

Made me take a long look in the mirror. I’m fat and out of shape. My cholesterol is high and so is my glucose. I need to get my stuff in order or I’m going to be the one on the stretcher soon.

I need to find a plan that I can manage and make it happen. I’ve got too much left to do.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Ever have one of those days when you get a good look at your own mortality?

I transported a septic woman yesterday to the ED from a PCPs office. She looked like death, hypotensive and feverish. She was s/p double mastectomy about 2 weeks ago and had a bunch of other unrelated medical issues. While we were driving, she asked me for another blanket and when I draped it around her shoulders she said, “thanks for helping out grandma”.

She was 2 years younger than me.

Made me take a long look in the mirror. I’m fat and out of shape. My cholesterol is high and so is my glucose. I need to get my stuff in order or I’m going to be the one on the stretcher soon.

I need to find a plan that I can manage and make it happen. I’ve got too much left to do.
Let me know if I can be of use to you. Willing to help out most folks on this site(aside from trolls of course)