the 100% directionless thread

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Had to explain to the RN why the discharge to SNF couldn't be an ambulette/wheelchair trip if the patient was keeping the chest tube...

Toss a Heimlich valve on that B and let them walk

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Just made a keto pizza. It was amazing.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
May 2nd can’t come soon enough...

#CobraKaiDoOrDie

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
@VentMonkey , heard Hall had some bad luck in Cal City. Hope the crew's OK!

VentMonkey

Family Guy
@VentMonkey , heard Hall had some bad luck in Cal City. Hope the crew's OK!
They did. From what I know, the paramedic suffered a knee fx, but luckily that was the worst of it for them. Unfortunately the other vehicle suffered one worse.

Looking at the news clips, thank God they weren’t transporting (medic in the back), and were merely post moving. One of my best friends nearly met his Maker on Taft Hwy driving a supe coupe back to his station several years prior in an eerily similar fashion.

Ground and air, things are often (sadly) unpredictable.

RocketMedic

There's seriously a guy on the EMT/Paramedics Study group on FB advocating mouth-to-BVM mask because of the seal....I don't even...

VentMonkey

Family Guy
There's seriously a guy on the EMT/Paramedics Study group on FB advocating mouth-to-BVM mask because of the seal....I don't even...
Provided there’s a barrier between the patient and your mouth I don’t see the big whoop. This is also (presumably?) the ultra-rare one person ventilatory technique I would hope/ imagine?*

*as in, it shouldn’t be a factor on duty.

Two people to properly ventilate shouldn’t be that hard to achieve on any scene. I can run even the most basic providers through proper thenar eminence placement on the mask in a matter of minutes/ motions.

RocketMedic

People are stinky and I don't want code goop anywhere near my face or mouth-hole. That's for tacos and ice cream.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
People are stinky and I don't want code goop anywhere near my face or mouth-hole. That's for tacos and ice cream.
What if the patient ate tacos and ice cream before they coded? I hope you like green tea ice cream.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
#GetEm’aBodyBag

Liked just because of that hashtag. Saw the previews on YouTube, looked interesting.

In other news Big Al just hit #3000... only the 32nd player to hit that mark.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Well it sounds like Hawaii is about disappear off the face of the map. Hope @Jim37F is nice and safe

VentMonkey

Family Guy
In other news Big Al just hit #3000... only the 32nd player to hit that mark.
I heard. I always liked Pujols (since St. Louis), and I’m glad to see he’s reached another milestone.

I’m busy watching ‘Dem Bums struggle through this season. Currently they’re 1 game away from a 3-game win streak in the “Mexico Series”. It’s still early, but The Boys certainly have their work cut out for them.

I’m not gonna lie, @CALEMT Ohtani is a (potential) league-changer, but I still bleed Dodger Blue my friend.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Well it sounds like Hawaii is about disappear off the face of the map. Hope @Jim37F is nice and safe

Go figure @Jim37F arrives at the island chain and all hell breaks loose...

I’m not gonna lie, @CALEMT Ohtani is a (potential) league-changer, but I still bleed Dodger Blue my friend.

You have to appreciate what he's doing/ accomplishing as a baseball fan in general. Yeah theres a bias with me being an Angles fan, but what he's doing (provided he keeps on pace) is nothing short of remarkable.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey now, Mt. Kilauea is just making Hawaii Island even bigger (Big Island for a reason lol). Though here on Oahu we got flooded out in the rains a few weeks ago....at least the one corner did, and we didn't get it near as bad as Kauai did, they're still cleaning up from that.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Kayaked 2.5-3 miles today and probably another 3 in the two days before. I officially need a vacation from my vacation. Not going hungry any time soon though. 39 tilapia, 10 bass, 10 blue gill, 5 sea trout, and 1 red drum later and I have a pretty hefty amount of meat stowed away.

RocketMedic

Hitting the gym again and it feels good. Round is a shape!

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Did the little video and test for CPR recertification, now just have to do some ridealongs and study my butt off. On my way back to running as an AEMT.