the 100% directionless thread

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
Called in today on my call shift when I was supposed to be out for Kegs and Eggs this morning :(

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Aaannnndddd..... Now I have two jobs.

The good news it is one I can work if I ever get an ems ending injury.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Garbage can fire, sounds very serious, hope you didn't have to call for mutual aid! :p
oh it was, very big time, almost had to call multiple alarms...but we adapted the EMS stare of life and presto, it was out before I even had a chance to climb off the truck lol Hopefully more excitement like that today :rolleyes::p

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Garbage can fire, sounds very serious, hope you didn't have to call for mutual aid! :p
One of our city fire departments would have sent their entire department (4 engines, 1 truck, and a BC) to it and called mutual aid to cover the city. I wish I was joking. It’s happened many times.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I wish I was joking. It’s happened many times.

And the public wonders why their taxes go up year after year...
Mini-pumpers with 2 FFs can meet needs for...80% (or more) of calls in my area.
(Heck, so could an SUV with a fire extinguisher.)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
And the public wonders why their taxes go up year after year...
Mini-pumpers with 2 FFs can meet needs for...80% (or more) of calls in my area.
(Heck, so could an SUV with a fire extinguisher.)
Exactly. This department also just spent +$5 million on all brand new engines and trucks even though their now old equipment isn't very old at all and still works perfectly while their police department has a ton of very old patrol cars. You can say there is some hurt feelings right now between them.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Exactly. This department also just spent +$5 million on all brand new engines and trucks even though their now old equipment isn't very old at all and still works perfectly while their police department has a ton of very old patrol cars. You can say there is some hurt feelings right now between them.

I'm going to get weird and guess....Phelan or Hesperia?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
1st shift, 1 alarm....2nd shift, 7 alarms. Mostly all medical, except 2 desperate child locked in car/ child locked in room calls....meanwhile in other parts of the island there were a 2- and 3-alarm structure fires

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
$308 for registration and $70 for smog. All to register a 10 year old midsize truck that has close to 150,000 miles on it. California blows...