the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Lol yeah I was being a little fascitious haha....but today is the first of 4x 12hr ambulance ride along! First time on a box since July

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
but today is the first of 4x 12hr ambulance ride along! First time on a box since July

You guys get to post at the beach and drink mai tai's... jerk...

ChewyEMS13

Forum Crew Member
New here, just thought I'd pick your brain a bit.. What specifically is your favorite part about your job and what is the thing that you hate, or could change?

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
Once again the Vikings did not fail to disappoint. Good thing we got a bunch of snow. People and the media focused on that.

Bring on the Super Bowel. Hoping for more snow.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
2nd Ride along shift. 1st day was at a separate EMS station in town, had 13 calls in 12 hr shift (though like half were cancelled enroute, and a couple no patient found..all in all 5 transports)

Today is a shared station with Fire on the west side of the island, and the Fire guys called me a black cloud cuz we had 4 calls halfway thru shift lol

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
My new gym is right next door to one of my favorite Irish pubs on the island. A little Jameson helps move the burn from my shoulders and knee to a better feeling lol

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hoping to finish my last 2 hours of CE's tonight on shift as well.....
My nremt is just awaiting md approval. And my Texas renewal is now just waiting for nremt to go through and for me to get more money

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Harrison Phord

Forum Ride Along
I recall a funny story my program director told me during paramedic school about something that happened years ago - It was about a call he ran when he was still riding in the box. Apparently he and his partner had a psych pt complaining of being able to "see and talk to Jesus". Well for whatever reason the pt would just absolutely not comply with anything my director or his partner wanted his to do, so what the director ended up doing was he got the pts phone number and stepped out of the ambulance for a second. He then proceeded to call the guy on his phone and say "Hello? Yes this is Jesus. Now Billy I don't want you giving these poor ambulance drivers a hard time, so just go ahead and relax and do what they tell you. Okay?". Pt says "Okay Jesus, I promise I'll behave". They go on to exchange "I love you"s, and my director hops back into the ambulance with the pt none-the-wiser as to why he stepped out.

The pt apparently hadn't let out a peep for the rest of the ride to the hospital.