the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Best part about New Year’s Day? Watching Oklahoma play in the Rose bowl. Go Sooners!!!

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
How bout them dawgs??...

Damn. But a damn good game.

Edit: I will say whoever called the final offensive plays for OU has little to no trust in an all American QB. Plus the whole country knew Georgia was gonna run the ball to beat us.

Last edited:

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Another thing about today being the 1st....payday, yay I g̶o̶t̶ paid!...my rent that was due today lol(?)

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
Go Dawgs indeed!

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Go Dawgs indeed!
Clemson just looked...flat against Bama. Here’s to hoping Uga can carry them through to the end...
3232BC87-590B-4B28-AD2A-4565D5DB32B6.jpeg

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Ahhh, the girlfriend and I visited Cambria on our trip up to San Simeon. If I remember correctly one of the stations has a gym behind some plate glass windows.

I assume your talking about one of the fire stations?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I assume your talking about one of the fire stations?
Nope. It was some ambulance station in Cambria. We passed by after we stopped at a store. Saw one employee running on a treadmill and the other watching TV with the unit parked in front.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmm...so apparently our EMT textbook (Brady 10th edition) has a whole chapter dedicated to the "Combat Veteran" specifically vets with PTSD (it was included today with of our lectures on the other chapters dealing with Behavioral Emergencies....though we started the Trauma chapters and introduced the Hare traction splint today as well....Hare splints ugh, I'd rather use the Sager but oh well, it's not like we'll use them super often lol)

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Hmm...so apparently our EMT textbook (Brady 10th edition) has a whole chapter dedicated to the "Combat Veteran" specifically vets with PTSD (it was included today with of our lectures on the other chapters dealing with Behavioral Emergencies....though we started the Trauma chapters and introduced the Hare traction splint today as well....Hare splints ugh, I'd rather use the Sager but oh well, it's not like we'll use them super often lol)
That had to be interesting, when I went through paramedic school it wasn't taught. But working with the military has taught me a lot about it, especially being able to pick up some of the signs of it when it's not yet been diagnosed. Can be a bit of work convincing them to go to the hospital to get started on the help they need.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
That had to be interesting, when I went through paramedic school it wasn't taught. But working with the military has taught me a lot about it, especially being able to pick up some of the signs of it when it's not yet been diagnosed. Can be a bit of work convincing them to go to the hospital to get started on the help they need.
I'd say that's just mental health as a whole. Lately I've been trying to learn more of the local resources to recommend to people in the hopes that one or two out of a few may listen. Just yesterday alone I had two patients that needed different types of help with behavioral health type facilities.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Anyone got suggestions on quality, easy to read critical care books? Want to take the class at the end of the year before I leave VA, I'll be coming up on my 2nd year by then. Looking for my next read while I have downtime on the slow days.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
finally.... finally.... finally, have a venue to get married at!!!! woohoo

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member