the 100% directionless thread

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I can do without jewelry. Just give me electronics!!!!

...almost making me wish I was single... :p

(100% serious question: How are the smart bulbs?)

Last edited:

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
...almost making me wish I was single... :p

(100% serious question: How are the smart bulbs?)

The smart bulbs are great. I have two white and three colored. It's fun to mess around with the color schemes and they're also dimmable. I can turn them on and off with an app and set up schedules. Turn them on/off in one room and then move to another. Makes it look like someone's home.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Got ****ed on this shift bid. Same days, but opposite hours. Not the night shift I wanted. :(
I'm happy with my shift bid. Same days, same hours, same unit number, and same partner. This is our third bid together, and we are best friends. The hours are pretty decent, but I think people don't want it because it is weekends.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I’m set with my shift until I leave haha. Same shift, same time, same number for 2 years now. We only have 4-6 medics who are able to work this unit permanently. The EMTs who are able to work it (~10) all have 2+ years of full time ALS experience. The benefits of working a special unit haha.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I’m set with my shift until I leave haha. Same shift, same time, same number for 2 years now. We only have 4-6 medics who are able to work this unit permanently. The EMTs who are able to work it (~10) all have 2+ years of full time ALS experience. The benefits of working a special unit haha.
What kind of special unit? Your bus is already short enough as it is...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
What kind of special unit? Your bus is already short enough as it is...
It’s our racetrack unit. The supervisor who is in charge of the track picks out a few employees who would be a good fit since it is a lot of PR and a lot of patients that a vast majority of our guys either refuse to do (IV, fluids, then AMA) and ones they don’t like (AMAs on broken bones).

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Busy day. Popped all the seals, used my brain, etc.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Busy day. Popped all the seals, used my brain, etc.
I decorated my truck with lights, did two transports, got a kick *** birthday burger, doughnuts, and then twinned festive trucks with another crew until dispatch kept pestering us to come back. Kinda bummed I had no brain calls, we had a 3rd year resident riding with us today. That would have been a nice person to have in the back when I had my finger on the trigger of a cric a few weeks back.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Vandenberg AFB decides to test missiles at night and the whole Coachella valley freaks out. This ain't nothing new people...

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I froze the fiance a little at an early Christmas getaway. San Antonio dropped like 30 degrees while we were here yesterday.
20171222_223606_HDR.jpg

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Its cold in Htown

VentMonkey

Family Guy
What’s a cold Texas winter? Bako is about 50-60 degrees tops during the day, and 30’s at night. We even gotta bring the mutt in and keep the dryer running so he’s warmed up against it.

And yeah yeah, I know us West Coasters don’t know what a “cold winter” is:rolleyes:. This may exclude our friends in the PNW.

Specialized

Forum Crew Member
What’s a cold Texas winter? Bako is about 50-60 degrees tops during the day, and 30’s at night. We even gotta bring the mutt in and keep the dryer running so he’s warmed up against it.

And yeah yeah, I know us West Coasters don’t know what a “cold winter” is:rolleyes:. This may exclude our friends in the PNW.

@VentMonkey that day time temp doesn't sound too bad. I didn't know it can get that cold down there?

And ditto to that. It was 26F° here in SoCo the other morning. Cold winters now include high wind and fire danger for the north bay hills. It's like deja Vu all over again.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
It seems like once every winter we’ll get a week that is just bitter cold for the desert. Like overnight lows in the high teens/ low 20’s. I distinctly remember having ice on my windshield last year for a week straight.