the 100% directionless thread

agregularguy

Forum Lieutenant
Been a week or two since I've had time to check on this site. Looking forward to reading all the threads I missed while I was gone!

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Got my first "real" run this weekend - 10K on Roosevelt Island

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
At the National Fire Academy in Emmitsburg MD.

D61F5FC3-4594-4075-9A2E-B4AC1AF84C29.jpeg

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
That feeling you get when you're a generic Stormtrooper, just trying not to die, and are being hunted by Chewie, Yoda, Luke and a guy on a walker...

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah. EMS management. It’s excellent so far. I highly recommend NFA to anyone who wants to learn how to be a better leader. It’s all free. Just apply.

Glad to hear it. I was just looking at their list of classes. Shame I can't send certain supervisors there...they could use the leadership knowledge.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Glad to hear it. I was just looking at their list of classes. Shame I can't send certain supervisors there...they could use the leadership knowledge.

They are retooling the EMS management classes. The line level manager class will be a 2 day. There will also be a 10 day executive manager class.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Eek....a negligent discharge at my neighborhood gun range killed a customer as he walked up to the range office. Tragic and preventable.

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
Eek....a negligent discharge at my neighborhood gun range killed a customer as he walked up to the range office. Tragic and preventable.

Damn!!!! That is super unfortunate... Range safety officers present? That is always on my mind when I go to the range, and honestly makes me uneasy when I see retards at the range. I have packed up and gone home from alot of ranges without RSO's, and would rather shoot outdoors at friends property anyway. That dude/girl is gonna get the S sued outta them. Bye bye assets.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Probably about 2 years ago we had a guy go to the range to rent a gun. Shot himself in the head as soon as he stepped up to the lane.

I never go to the range because I don’t trust other people. I prefer to go out into the desert.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I never go to the range because I don’t trust other people. I prefer to go out into the desert.

This. Plus I'm against paying to exercise my rights.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
I go to a private member only range. It's nice, individual pistol bays and small rifle ranges. So even when I shoot with others present it's only a few people and a lot are .mil, LEO, or retired.mil. So it's a pretty safe range.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Funny working paper conclusion (here's hoping it gets published in JAMA or something):
Our results represent at least a 7% decrease in the ambulance rate from Uber entry into a city. This decrease likely caused a reduction in wait time for the remaining ambulance volume."
I love when people look at event studies like this. Makes for some fun findings!