the 100% directionless thread

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I liked this one. It's an hour long, but good endocrine review. I've been a bit busy myself so I'm behind on podcasts.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-flightbridgeed-podcast/id595147712?mt=2&i=1000385948764

@GMCmedic start here, and keep your eyes peeled:
https://www.airmethods.com/careers
Thanks. I looked today, there is only one base within 90 minutes besides ours and neither is hiring. I signed up for email alerts from PHI and AEL.

That endocrine podcast is great. Ive listened to it 3 times now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Seems as unforseen events that may have an effect on long term job security have pushed up my flight time line. Back to considering AEL, i wish one of the Air Methods bases in my are would open up a position.

your from texas? correct?
I think theres another HEMS provider called (Lifeteam? or lifesquad)??

agregularguy

Forum Lieutenant
Seems as unforseen events that may have an effect on long term job security have pushed up my flight time line. Back to considering AEL, i wish one of the Air Methods bases in my are would open up a position.

If you're willing to relocate to the great state of South Carolina, the airbase in my region just posted a job opening on facebook the other day.
https://www.facebook.com/AirMedRegionalGreenville/

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So I've looked at 5 different apartments so far....and have managed to narrow it down to 3 and I wanna actually apply tomorrow morning (since it's after 4 here now, and apparently all the property managemt offices are closing now lol)

The place I wanna like the most is the most expensive (funny how that works), the cheaper of the 3 is really nice....but I like the middle one juuussst a touch more.....Goldilocks and the 3 bears anyone? Lol

Took the NREMT recertification exam today. 68 questions in, and the exam ended...... I passed! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
The logo on the back of my EMTLife T-shirt is already peeling off.

Weird. I have two, wash them once a week, and they're holding up strong. No issues. Be sure to look for @MMiz PM to you.

Took the NREMT recertification exam today. 68 questions in, and the exam ended...... I passed! :)
Congratulations!!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Does anyone know of any decent airway management class? If you went too one was it worth it?
I’ve heard decent things about SLAM (Street Level Airway Management). I’ve read the book which was pretty good but have not taken an actual class

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
First World Problem: Grad school on Monday/Tuesday evenings for Fall '17, so I asked to get those days off. Don't think it'll be a problem, because I can work any other day (although I'd love Sundays off too lol), and because I am literally the only in-charge here who likes the peak truck. It's just a little intimidating because I signed up for classes on the assumption that I could continue with the same sort of schedule accommodation that I did over the spring and summer.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Does anyone know of any decent airway management class? If you went too one was it worth it?

SLAM. When I took it almost 8 years ago, it was pretty good. If you've been doing this for a while, there won't be much new, but you'll learn some neat little tricks.