the 100% directionless thread

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Nothing like a nightcap (God bless "Das Boot"), watching my wife do homework posts all while listening to "Earth, Wind, and Fire" after a long, hot, and busy shift filled with critically ill patients and a nice enough trainee on an OT shift.

#MonkeyOut

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Oooh, shiny, brand new ambulance, yesterday's shift swapped into, less than 500 miles on the odometer, comes complete with power load system

Attachments

• 20170505_074600.jpg
    20170505_074600.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 228

VentMonkey

Family Guy
@Jim37F is that the final product? I almost feel as if a "County Fire" style stripe down the middle of the scheme would give it that final pop, uniformity, and most likely appease their fire clientele.

Woodtownemt

Forum Lieutenant
Oooh, shiny, brand new ambulance, yesterday's shift swapped into, less than 500 miles on the odometer, comes complete with power load system
Are these gonna be the standard for all units in the near future? That would make 24's just a tiny bet better.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

terrible one

Always wandering
I like the red. I also like the idea of a county stripe down the side would make it pop.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
comes complete with power load system

I have to say, I'm surprised that there isn't a statutory (or KKK-1822) mandate for power load yet.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
@Jim37F is that the final product? I almost feel as if a "County Fire" style stripe down the middle of the scheme would give it that final pop, uniformity, and most likely appease their fire clientele.
I agree, but nope, what you see is what we get haha, still nice, but yeah, a stripe down the side would look better IMO

Oh did they also happen to throw in a p.a. system with headsets like city RA's? lol
Nope, no PA or headsets, but we do have a working eQ2b which is louder than the Whelen siren lol (even though the Q is only supposed to be a secondary...yeah...sure....lol)

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I love when traffic camera tickets are approved when your clearly responding L&S... In a state car.... with state plates... pay 50$ my arse. That kinda day i suppose.

Edit: Approved by a cop thats not my biggest fan..

Last edited:
Nice try, Bru but I live everyday like it's Cinco De Mayo. Also, I likes my burritos seco.
View attachment 3789

This was so good. One of my former colleagues whom I used to work with at Rural/Metro suggested this little joint. A wet California burrito. Yummy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Lol, you guys make me chuckle with "authentic":).

!Bienvenidos! Enjoy the 5th y'all.

Last edited:

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
do the als rigs still have a huge "paramedics" banner on the side?
Skinny black letters, still visible, but not as huge I guess? One of the 2 medic units was at the hospital with us earlier, but didn't think to grab a pic of RA504 lol

also, something i read in the intro thread prompted a question.
the LAFD NP rigs, are those NP full sworn FFs? were they already FF's that are NPs, sent NP's to academy, or single function providers?
As far as I know they're single role NPs....no idea if they're also current or former FFs, all the pics I've seen they're in scrubs, haven't actually met any of those crews yet though.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Lol, you guys make me chuckle with "authentic":).

!Bienvenidos! Enjoy the 5th y'all.

Not gonna lie. That wet burrito sure looks good.