the 100% directionless thread

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
So.. worked a standby with an EMT and an Intermediate yesterday.

We had a hypertensive female with a headache and blurry vision--- the Intermediate wanted to give her Aspirin for the headache... and acted as if I cut off his manhood when I stopped him and said no.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
To be fair, you did block his COX blocker.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
So.. worked a standby with an EMT and an Intermediate yesterday.

We had a hypertensive female with a headache and blurry vision--- the Intermediate wanted to give her Aspirin for the headache... and acted as if I cut off his manhood when I stopped him and said no.

ASA for a headache? Is that in TX protocols? :unsure:

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Scene safety reminder...

We recently had a call for a GSW. The patient's loved one had called it in and was frantic. The guy was sick and bleeding out. He was transported emergent to the hospital.

It was later revealed that the patient had likely earlier robbed a liquor store at gunpoint and fired a shot off, but didn't injure anyone. It seems that he and his comrade were injured though when they robbed a second liquor store and were shot by the clerk. The comrade was apprehended, and it seems that second guy drove off causing two hit and run accidents on the highway before the call to 911 was made at a residence.

Of course, I say "likely" and "it seems" because these people are innocent until proven guilty. It's a stark reminder, however, to bear in mind why your patient was shot/stabbed/injured in the first place (although some victims of violence truly are innocent or just in the wrong place at the wrong time) and to never put your safety on the back-burner. Despite what Councilman Stokes says.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
*groan*

Just want to crawl into the corner right now, hide my face and be ignored by most of the rest of the world for a while.

That's all.<_<

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I'm not paid enough to get dirty on trauma calls.

So.. finished reading FireTenders book (I know, I know, I'm slow)....

FANTASTIC book. Review to follow. With words and stuff.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
My boyfriend and I broke up.
& now the Cowboys are playing like poo.

Bummer day.-_-

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Bummer day.-_-
Sorry :( At least the Cowboys are leading right now.

medic417

The Truth Provider

Bummer day.-_-

What did linuss do now? :p

So you are not enjoying the superbowl preview?

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
There is this button on my microwave that says "Stop Time." I'm not sure if it means it or not, but I don't push it just to be safe.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Bro that microwave of yours is carconogenic throw the bloody thing away!

Uh lets see other supposed carcinogens... rubbing alcohol, fluoride, the sun, oral sex, cell phones, milk, lidocaine, green vegetables, bras, mammograms, coffee, deodorant, etc etc.

Instead of living in fear of pretty much everything I'll just avoid the biggies like asbestos, cigarettes and radon thank you very much.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
What did linuss do now? :p

So you are not enjoying the superbowl preview?

I've got to be honest...that was the first thing I thought when I saw her post. :lol: