the 100% directionless thread

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Ive expressed interest in being a SWAT medic before but local politics got in the way.

Now that I have a family, Ive made it very clear to multiple people that without a gun and LODD benefits I will be waiting in the truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm not sold on the Rescue Task Force concept. There is basically no care that EMT (or above) can provide in a warm zone that a suitably equipped LEO cannot.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I'm not sold on the Rescue Task Force concept. There is basically no care that EMT (or above) can provide in a warm zone that a suitably equipped LEO cannot.
Nor am I, or many others apparently. It gives the impression (to me) of yet another adrenaline-driven, hero-craving, role for knob job wankers like Hazzard (cool name, bro).

I think specially trained LE, or tactical teams who train frequently with their LEO's for such real scenarios is one thing, but also realizing you will be rendering basic first aid---which lets face it---is clearly most of what prehospital trauma care equates to in the majority of cases anyhow, is equally important to understand.

So long as the right candidates go in fully acknowledging, and embracing their roles, then more power to 'em. I'll keep my arse in the cold zone.

FWIW, these teams that are truly specialized train like there is no tomorrow, and this should not be something for the feint at heart. They're often driven individuals with a robust background in LE, EMS, military or all three, not "Call Of Duty" medics.

It's almost like they're um, what's that word?...professional.

Last edited:

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Apparently we're so desperate for medics that AMR has paramedic scholarships for NCTI- Riverside, Crafton Hills College, and Moreno Valley College.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
All you swat medics do is make our life harder... As somebody who is on the ERT team for the state, you really just get in the way. I don't want to have to go watch you, while watching myself. Not to mention any civilians that are unharmed, and getting them out.. Do your job, I'll do mine @NomadicMedic is 100% right. To be honest "tacticool paramedics" shouldn't be a thing IMO. Get to the "warm zone/orange zone" in the worst case scenario..

Not to mention Chances are there is at least one LEO on the whole reaction team that is cross trained as an EMT, hell even EMR. (**enters NysEms2117**)

VentMonkey

Family Guy
All you swat medics do is make our life harder... As somebody who is on the ERT team for the state, you really just get in the way. I don't want to have to go watch you, while watching myself. Not to mention any civilians that are unharmed, and getting them out.. Do your job, I'll do mine @NomadicMedic is 100% right. To be honest "tacticool paramedics" shouldn't be a thing IMO. Get to the "warm zone/orange zone" in the worst case scenario..

Not to mention Chances are there is at least one LEO on the whole reaction team that is cross trained as an EMT, hell even EMR. (**enters NysEms2117**)
Three words, bro: Rule Of Thumb.

In other news had my first Big Mac in over a year. You're damn right I made it a Grand Mac.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

In other news had my first Big Mac in over a year. You're damn right I made it a Grand Mac.
that requires common sense however..... which is not so common now.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
When I was 16 years old I bought a kenwood CD player with a detachable face and a remote....it was $500.

Today I bought a kenwood CD,MP3,WMA, USB, Bluetooth, Iphone and android control with pandora and Iheart radio and a satellite to communicate with aliens with a remote for $80.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
When I was 16 years old I bought a kenwood CD player with a detachable face and a remote....it was $500.

Today I bought a kenwood CD,MP3,WMA, USB, Bluetooth, Iphone and android control with pandora and Iheart radio and a satellite to communicate with aliens with a remote for $80.
#WelcomeToTheOldFartsClub

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Aha! But it is if you search for it in the right places; Darwinism typically filters out the rest, my friend.
maybe y'all got more of it out in cali because it sure as fk isn't here in NY lol

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
So I'm trying to sell my F150 so I can get a bigger truck to pull the RV that I kind of want to live in because I'm totally over apartment living (which means I need to trade in the Focus too, but that's no loss.) Seriously, the Focus wasn't the best car choice ever. It's just not comfortable.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
so I can get a bigger truck to pull the RV

3/4 ton truck or higher. Diesel would be your best option for towing. Cant beat the dodge cummins in my opinion.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I'm very, very reluctant to get a new diesel. I prefer gasoline motors; known quantities and far lower cost. It's going to be a 250/2500 something.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Personally I tend to use: Rule of Pinkie.

I figure I'd better be well away or close in and loaded for bear... because I'm either going to let them be brought to me OR I'm going hunting and I'll drag 'em out after.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
You've been a nurse too long...kidding.

(feeble-voiced) please don't ban me.
Not to worry...

a211dbe9b66626a89a33e9fd9bc1590e.jpg
Big-Toe---Low.jpg

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Ugh, being nice to my favorite sup and staying late lost me precious sleep. On the bright side....Got a student to ward off dispatch's sillyness and an awesome partner who will crank up five finger death punch to keep me going.