the 100% directionless thread

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
4.0 and 5 speed? I used to have an 01 with a 2.5 and 5 speed. Loved it except for that damn motor. How much you asking?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Yes sir! Yeah, the 2.5 seems like it'd be a little low.

I have it listed higher than it's worth, but I'm probably going to take the first offer at or over 10k. Aside from some spots that could use some paint touch-ups, it's in pretty good shape. Just replaced the shocks the other day, recoated the bedliner, and a few other little touch-ups over the last few days too.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I wonder what car (manufacturer) is most commonly owned by EMS providers...
My guess is that Jeeps are pretty high on the list.

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
Probably not too many of these.

055.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I wonder what car (manufacturer) is most commonly owned by EMS providers...
My guess is that Jeeps are pretty high on the list.

I'd bet it's either Ford or Chevy trucks. My parking lot at work is full of them, as is the fire department lot.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
@NomadicMedic yeah, those are definitely up there. Maybe it's just in the good ol' northeast that I see lots of Subarus and such ;)

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
I love unimogs. I guy I worked with in Seattle had a Uni fire truck he imported from Germany.

Actually they are Pinzgauers, made by Styre, Damlier, and Puch. The gun guys, the Mercedes guys, and the moped guys, in Austria. 4 cylinder, air cooled motors. Will do 60-65 mph. 45 degree angle of approach and departure and allegedly will take a 45 degree side slope. I run out of testosterone at about 15 degrees side slope. The 6 wheeler will carry a ton and a half and has seats for 12 in the back. The 4 wheeler carries 8 in the back or one ton of cargo.

They started making diesel versions, but they are super expensive. The different militaries quite using them because they are very thin skinned and don't hold up to IED real well. Those two were from the Swiss Army.

You guys and California can get them here: https://www.expedition-imports.com/

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Actually they are Pinzgauers, made by Styre, Damlier, and Puch. The gun guys, the Mercedes guys, and the moped guys, in Austria. 4 cylinder, air cooled motors. Will do 60-65 mph. 45 degree angle of approach and departure and allegedly will take a 45 degree side slope. I run out of testosterone at about 15 degrees side slope. The 6 wheeler will carry a ton and a half and has seats for 12 in the back. The 4 wheeler carries 8 in the back or one ton of cargo.

They started making diesel versions, but they are super expensive. The different militaries quite using them because they are very thin skinned and don't hold up to IED real well. Those two were from the Swiss Army.

You guys and California can get them here: https://www.expedition-imports.com/

Yep. My mistake. I know the Pinz and Mog guys show their trucks off together. I was really interested in one of those until I found out how expensive they are.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Just did a shift swap, really needed Sat off, but now I'm working a 48 tomorrow and Thursday......joy

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
We tend to call it K2 down here, but most of us are familiar with the other names enough to recognize it when they're acting batshit crazy
K2's what we go by as well. Thankfully with a little help from our friends in blue, we can rock their world with some Ketamine.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
@ViolynEMT death by PowerPoint? My safeguard against falling asleep is candy...and Diet Mountain Dew. I live dangerously :)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
The funeral for our officer who passed away was yesterday. Now, our little island has 5 law enforcement agencies on it, 5 if you count beach patrol (their supervisors are sworn officers). But his procession had cars from at least 15 agencies that I saw, plus fire and our EMS agency. It was a hell of a showing of support for our local PD and his family.