the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
IMG_6088.JPG

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Clearly both major coasts have some serious "EMS inferiority complex issues". I don't go into the FDNY thread, TBH. It's like an entirely new dimension, much like I would imagine the SoCal thread(s) is/ are to non-California folk.

Both seem to have one thing in common, a Bizarro-world of political red-tape and fire departments with their hands in the honey jar.

In other, more relevant news to my state in general...at least we're off to a fairly wet winter. I'm a bit over the drought warnings on the highways.

Y'all have a Happy New Years weekend. Be safe, and/ or dry:).

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Both seem to have one thing in common, a Bizarro-world of political red-tape and fire departments with their hands in the honey jar.

People are suckers for non-causal correlations (more FFs, less fire - forgetting that it's not FFs that prevent fire) and big burly men with axes, I guess.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I don't go into the FDNY thread, TBH.
I don't either, i like my limbs, and don't want to get e-crucified lol. Only thing that i think is safe for everybody to agree on is, if you know a deputy commander or higher rank, your application will be *accidentally slid to the top of the mountain of apps*

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Plans for NYE:

Stay dry, keeps kids safe and inside, share a drink (or 5) with my lovely wife.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Plans for NYE:

Stay dry, keeps kids safe and inside, share a drink (or 5) with my lovely wife.
Plans for NYE: fight bad guys... or something like that.

Be cold and miserable running after some shmuck. :D

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Plans for NYE: fight bad guys... or something like that.

Be cold and miserable running after some shmuck. :D
Mine is take care of stupid drunks taht do stupid things. And try to stay warm. It's gotten cold here again. Almsot 60 degrees

VentMonkey

Family Guy
It's gotten cold here again. Almsot 60 degrees
Is that really considered cold for Texas? I have finally adjusted to days in the 40's and 50's at the peak of our winter seasons.

This doesn't even include our mountain and desert areas.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Is that really considered cold for Texas? I have finally adjusted to days in the 40's and 50's at the peak of our winter seasons.

This doesn't even include our mountain and desert areas.
These people around here seem to think that it's cold. I see them in puffy jackets below 60. And I'm in just my job shirt or a hoodie

VentMonkey

Family Guy
These people around here seem to think that it's cold. I see them in puffy jackets below 60. And I'm in just my job shirt or a hoodie
I was walking around our base the other morning in pretty much the same get up (a sweater, beanie, flip flops, and shorts), and our mechanic got a kick out of that.

How else would you know it's a "California winter"?

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Mine is take care of stupid drunks taht do stupid things. And try to stay warm. It's gotten cold here again. Almsot 60 degrees
hey! it's almost 0 up here :D would ya look at that........ Id be in shorts and a tshirt at 60, my deadline for shorts is 40...

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
They don't ask you if the patient can go to triage when you patch/contact en route prior to arriving at the ED? LA, man...
As BLS we don't really make any radio reports. Most hospitals we just kinda show up and then we talk to a triage nurse just inside the ambulance entrance and that nurse ends up deciding waiting room, fast track (if said hospital even has one) or wait for a bed. Probably 8 or 9 times out of 10, even if we say the patient is waiting room worthy we'll end up waiting for a bed. Most* of the time we're clearing 30-45 min after arriving (including time to triage get a bed, drop off, give report and decon, use the latrine etc). It's the remaining times where we find ourselves on the wall for hours. Always fun pulling into a hospital and the parking lot is full of ambulances...

But yeah, yesterday was the kind of day designed to just burn you out...

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Anyone know any good campgrounds around Houston or Central Texas? We're looking at a 2-night adventure away from it all.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
My wife found a 12-pack of 'Bohemia' calling her at the store. It's my favorite Mexican beer.

Note: Corona is NOT a Mexican beer, cheers.