the 100% directionless thread

VentMonkey

Family Guy
None of the software I use is available for a mac. It's Windoze or nothin'.
After finally making the leap and buying a MacBook, it's hard for me to see myself ever going back to a Windows format.

Apple definitely has me hook, line, and sinker.

Whenever I hear someone talking about Microsoft's Windows, this is what comes to mind.

ff9b0e0f427cc2785f5075c16342b0fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
After finally making the leap and buying a MacBook, it's hard for me to see myself ever going back to a Windows format.

Apple definitely has me hook, line, and sinker.

I prefer the Windows programs like word and powerpoint, but I have pages and keynote down. Its just a bear if you have a Mac and you email a paper to say a professor on Windows. It can be a b**ch to do the conversion.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Yeah. The audio stuff I use is a pain. The manufacturers and vendors just love windows because the hardware is cheap and readily available. And btw, the open source office stuff, like libre, is just as good as the M$ stuff, and free.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
My bucs play today! only right to post the best bucs player ever :D
upload_2016-12-24_14-51-51.png

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I was reading one of the other theads and the platitudes that are spewed by some of the new EMTs just make me shake my head and die a little inside.

Nobody deserves to pass the NREMT just because they worked hard and gave up 3 nights a week and some weekends for a few weeks.

Candidates who know the material and can extrapolate correct answers from an adaptive test deserve to pass. That's it.

I also think it should be three and done. Refresher after the second fail. Third fail, "thanks, but no thanks."

Am I just a heartless bastid?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I was reading one of the other theads and the platitudes that are spewed by some of the new EMTs just make me shake my head and die a little inside.

Nobody deserves to pass the NREMT just because they worked hard and gave up 3 nights a week and some weekends for a few weeks.

Candidates who know the material and can extrapolate correct answers from an adaptive test deserve to pass. That's it.

I also think it should be three and done. Refresher after the second fail. Third fail, "thanks, but no thanks."

No, you're not.

It's asinine how easy they make it. If you can't pass a basic entrance exam with MINIMUM competency in three tries or less you need to be doing something else.

The test anxiety excuse is absolute BS too. I'm not saying it doesn't exist but if you have it to that extreme you need to take some classes and learn some techniques to figure it out.

I couldn't pass the "multiplication minute" tests in elementary school...as like a second or third grader I was able to figure out my test anxiety and sort it out, it should be a non-issue for an adult with some self-work.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

Your a normal human being that has standards for a job. I 100% agree with you.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hmmm now I have another agency to look into Wise County EMS, TX

I think someone forgot about us. We've only run two calls today.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I think someone forgot about us. We've only run two calls today.

I've run one :) I'm not complaining. Oh, and yay holiday pay!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Testing on the 11th just saying...
Any idea what the pay is like out there... and it looked like testing was only for PT... I would need FT to jump ship. Plus a little more time that lol.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief

Nope. The NREMT (P) was an absolute kick in the balls for me, but I do prefer it to be that way. If anything, I'd be all for EMS education standards being even higher than they currently are. At where I currently am in all this, being able to go over everything again in better detail would do me some good. While I do like being able to steer my own learning from here, there's something to be said about having knowledgeable people there with you to build upon that foundation. My program was a very well respected one, but there are a lot of things I would have loved to have an opportunity to go in greater detail with that would have done all of us good.

I agree with your 3 strike thought as well. I know being new has its learning curve, but I would have some worries if I have B partner just starting on our ALS shifts who took 4 times to pass the NREMT.