the 100% directionless thread

Operations Guy

Supreme Overlord
Politicians on stronger gun control....

"Yeah ban them for everyone except for my secret service detail."

I hate these people surrounded by enough fire power to invade a small country but I shouldn't have one to protect my family from some homeboy you released early who sells poison around the corner from my kids school.

Last edited:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
It might be a bit more than you wanted to pay per month, but Aaron's, conns, and rent a center will do financing based on income. And if you make more than minimums you won't pay all of their higher interest charges.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
It might be a bit more than you wanted to pay per month, but Aaron's, conns, and rent a center will do financing based on income. And if you make more than minimums you won't pay all of their higher interest charges.

I've actually been looking here. It sucks as I'm playing about double current market price. But it really sucks getting so much money together all at once to buy it straight up. Also only 12 months of payments. This company is also rated A on BBB, etc. Laptop will last me 5-6 years too.

https://www.leasevillenocredit.com/...am-1tb-hd-gaming-notebook-aluminum-black.html

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I need a laptop, but can't afford one straight up and don't have the credit to finance one. Ugh.

What do you need? I buy off lease machines and they work like new. Extremely inexpensive. I'll never buy a new computer again. (And I have 6 or 8 at the moment.)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
What do you need? I buy off lease machines and they work like new. Extremely inexpensive. I'll never buy a new computer again. (And I have 6 or 8 at the moment.)
Hey if you see a laptop or desktop with a high end video card coming off lease key me know. Large screen or desktop preferred lol

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I need a laptop, but can't afford one straight up and don't have the credit to finance one. Ugh.
Two suggestions:
  1. Check out www.delloutlet.com. I purchased two towers from them because they had 'cosmetic blemishes'. First one was $275, second for $283. Most they had were a couple of scratches on the case. Absolutely nothing wrong with the hardware.
  2. Go find a local credit union and open an account/become a member. They give small loans with interest rates lower than banks/stores.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Most of the off lease computers are coming out of corporate environments, so they're not stuffed with high end video or sound cards. However, if you're looking for a decent machine for web, basic photoshop, PowerPoint or that sort of thing, $200 is the MOST I'd pay for a laptop. $175 (with shipping) at the high end for a Dell desktop PC, and that's Win 7 pro with 8Gb of ram and at least 500gb drive. There's tons of deals to be found. Google "off lease PC" or "off lease laptop". I usually only buy Dell or Lenovo machines. Over the last year I bought 6 for the radio station and have a stack at home for various projects. Where I'm sitting in the living room, I can see 3 laptops (including my Mac) and there's a bunch of desktops racked in my garage. :) Off lease is a cheap way to buy decent s PCs, perfect for dedicated single use.

Last edited:

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
from some homeboy you released early who sells poison around the corner from my kids school.
Shots at parole :(. Lol I get it tho just makin a joke.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Most of the off lease computers are coming out of corporate environments, so they're not stuffed with high end video or sound cards. However, if you're looking for a decent machine for web, basic photoshop, PowerPoint or that sort of thing, $200 is the MOST I'd pay for a laptop. $175 (with shipping) at the high end for a Dell desktop PC, and that's Win 7 pro with 8Gb of ram and at least 500gb drive. There's tons if deals to be found. Google "off lease PC" or "off lease laptop". I usually only buy Dell or Lenovo machines. Over the last year I bought 6 for the radio station and have a stack at home for various projects. Where I'm sitting in the living room, I can see 3 laptops (including my Mac) and there's a bunch of desktops racked in my garage. :) Off lease is a cheap way to buy decent s PCs, perfect for dedicated single use.
I figured there might be a tech service somewhere getting rid of some lol

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I'm paranoid so I can't by used computers :(

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
That's like saying "I can't eat in a restaurant because some else had eaten off the plates before me."
no silly, they wash the plates... I hope... there could be all kinds of skimmers, keyloggers, and whatever other nasty computer malware/viruses exist, and no virus scanners do not find them all.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Be safe: buy Mac.

CALEMT

CALEMT

Have pages, numbers, keynote but I prefer the Microsoft programs. The 1TB online cloud is also nice

Don't tell anyone, but so do I. I could care less about the cloud, because I have no idea what the hell it is.