Forum Crew Member
It's only Thursday ....

*Brown finds a piece of paper;

Dear Work

Brown is sick, he will be better next Tuesday and will come to work then

/S/
Dr. Brown, MBChB, FANZCA, FJFICM
Helicopter Emergency Medical Service

I think I'll do something like that next time I'm suffering from Anal Glaucoma!!! :p

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Maybe he thought that he could open the IV wide open and let some blood drain out to lower his bloodpressure...?

Bloodletting. Of course. It is my protocols. You mean to tell me it isn't in yours?

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Ok, Denver drivers are crazy! I've never flipped off so many people in one city.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Ok, Denver drivers are crazy! I've never flipped off so many people in one city.

I swear it's not the natives... it's all the transplants (thanks CA and TX). We have SO many out here.

:)

JPINFV

Gadfly
I swear it's not the natives... it's all the transplants (thanks CA and TX). We have SO many out here.

:)

Nothing wrong with a Californian's ability to drive. It's everyone else and your stoopid snow...

JPINFV

Gadfly
Adds new book for new EMTs to read: Rapid Interp of EKGs. I'm actually kinda of wishing that I read it earlier than now...

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Okay, I admit, we can be crazy drivers sometimes. Mostly it's a complete inability to use turn signals. Shocking actually compared to other states I've been.

However, you can always spot people who weren't raised around here when a storm hits. They either drive way too freaking fast on ice in their little 2-wheel drive honda, get stuck in a drift when they stupidly attempt to drive in 4+ feet of fresh snow because they needed desperately to go to the grocery store to get something dumb like hot cocoa even though we've known the storm was coming for days, or they go about 10 MPH in their 4-wheel drive SUVs when there's a half inch of powder on the ground.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Okay, I admit, we can be crazy drivers sometimes. Mostly it's a complete inability to use turn signals. Shocking actually compared to other states I've been.

However, you can always spot people who weren't raised around here when a storm hits. They either drive way too freaking fast on ice in their little 2-wheel drive honda, get stuck in a drift when they stupidly attempt to drive in 4+ feet of fresh snow because they needed desperately to go to the grocery store to get something dumb like hot cocoa even though we've known the storm was coming for days, or they go about 10 MPH in their 4-wheel drive SUVs when there's a half inch of powder on the ground.

Oh, people in Indy do all of that too. My big problem was I was in the backseat, my mother, who hates city driving, was driving, and my almost blind and deaf dad was navigating. All I could do was hide and pray that we would make it to the hotel.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh, people in Indy do all of that too. My big problem was I was in the backseat, my mother, who hates city driving, was driving, and my almost blind and deaf dad was navigating. All I could do was hide and pray that we would make it to the hotel.

Oh well don't drive with Brown, he's as blind as a bat :D

JPINFV

Gadfly
Stupid car with stupid negative battery terminal with stupid bolts that loosen up and cause the stupid car to pretend that the stupid battery is dead.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
It's Brown's final day shift tommorow, then he is onto a month of nights after fifteen weeks of getting up at either 4, 5 or 6am.

*Brown climbs into bed, pulls the covers up tightly, snuggles up with his teddy bear and disconnects the phone to Ambulance Communications

Now, who knows any good bed time stories? :D

Sassafras

Forum Captain
Once upon a time there was a little boy who liked orange. He wore orange everywhere, from t-shirts, to trousers, to coveralls and most of all jump suits. This little boy REALLY loved jumpsuits. He'd don the orange suit, climb on his mothers sofa and do spinning jumps to the floor with a back pack filled with his toy dr. kit.

One day....(oh I don't know...someone finish the tale for me)

KY_EMT

Forum Crew Member
he hit the corner of the coffee table, split his head wide open, and bled out before anyone found him. They buried him and his orange suit in an orange casket.

KY_EMT

Forum Crew Member
LOL That was just off the top of my head. I'm sure him and his orange fascination are still around somewhere today :)

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Once upon a time there was a little boy who liked orange. He wore orange everywhere, from t-shirts, to trousers, to coveralls and most of all jump suits. This little boy REALLY loved jumpsuits. He'd don the orange suit, climb on his mothers sofa and do spinning jumps to the floor with a back pack filled with his toy dr. kit.

One day....(oh I don't know...someone finish the tale for me)

Oh haha you're a funny bugger :D

*Brown scratches his head and wonders what on earth the bloody hell a Sassafras is :p

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
he hit the corner of the coffee table, split his head wide open, and bled out before anyone found him. They buried him and his orange suit in an orange casket.

they came back a year later, with orange flowers and orange paint. they painted the grass orange and even left some orange peels there...

Sassafras

Forum Captain
Oh haha you're a funny bugger :D

*Brown scratches his head and wonders what on earth the bloody hell a Sassafras is :p

You know, I'm about ready to find out if there are import blocks on plants to NZ. I am tempted to uproot the sassafras(s yeah it has two "S"s in reality but for some reason my spell check went wonkey when I initially registered) tree in my front yard and send it your way just so you have a constant reminder of the n00b in town. ^_^