the 100% directionless thread

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
to all of you pissing and moaning about the weather, i just wanted to let you know that is was a beautiful 85* with a slight breeze blowing over the sandy beach here in south Los Angeles County. my tan is finally starting to look good and I am getting much better at volleyball.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Lol. This just came over the SO/PD Local freq.

Dispatch: 229, Control 1. Disturbance. 123 S Xyz St.
Officer: 29 enroute.
Dispatch: 229 RP states her neighbors were fighting inside their house. The man, looks like a last of Smith, first of Jon left on foot, north on Xyz st.
Officer: 29 copy. I'm about five out.
Dispatch: Aaaaaand 229, errrrrrrrr, for your, ummmmmm, information.......... The RP, ahhhhh, thought it might be a good idea to, errrrmmmm, have a plain clothes officer attempt, ummmmm, initial contact with Mr. Smith.
Officer: 29, Yeaaaaaaa, that's not going to happen.
Dispatch: We thought so. Had to ask.
Officer: 29
Dispatch: 229 at 0400

When you live in an area the size I do, you don't get to request thy type of cop you get. You get what you get. There is only one LEO of any kind at all during the night. And he is not plain clothes. Ha ha.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Considering driving two hours every Wed for an accelerated A&P course at NCTI. The benefit is that it is a prereq for NCTI Paramedic Program, which I've been looking into Paramedic Programs, and been debating about whether I want to try to get into one ASAP, or get some experience as an EMT-Basic. My EMT instructor, who is a Paramedic, doesn't like the idea of Paramedics that lack EMT-Basics experience, but at the same time, I liked the argument on the forum that becoming a Paramedic sooner rather than later might be better. I am leaning towards doing it (accelerated A&P and jump into Paramedics ASAP) anyhow regardless of what people think.

Scared that the school might not be good though, and it will be a waste of time and money. Although, I do believe it is up to the student, regardless of how good or bad a program is, at mastery. I still rather be in a good program though.

Regardless, there are no available seats in the Paramedic Program near my area (within a couple hour drives I mean) so I may still get experience as an EMT-Basic for a short while if I manage to get a job soon. I still look at the A&P course as gold though since it's so difficult to get into A&P in the colleges nearby.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Take chemistry then A&P I and II which use a proper A&P book like Marieb rather than some cut down week A&P course for sparky want-to-be ambo's

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
What happened to MrBrown's orange avatar? Does he wish to be the cat in the hat?

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
What happened to MrBrown's orange avatar? Does he wish to be the cat in the hat?

Brown does not, however Brown chose his name for the following reasons

1. Brown has primarily crewed on brown watch,
2. Brown likes Dr Suess,
3. Brown has half watched Reservior Dogs, once in 1996 and once last year,
4. Mr Brown and Mr Black are in the Dr Suess book Hop On Pop

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I already got Chemistry under my belt. I'm not sure if this makes the A&P class any better, but it appears to be seven weeks long, but a total of 63 hours only. Still too fast?

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Our Paramedics do the same A&P as the BSN nurses, physios, massage therapists etc ... so it was about 12 weeks and 150 hours long; I still don't feel like I know enough

Maybe if I go to medical school I will know enough to satisfy myself .... maybe, Brown is prepared to give up med school to start a family so who knows. You can't come home and hug your MBChB when its cold now can you :D

slb862

Forum Lieutenant
Just braggin...

My baby is getting married tomorrow. I am so proud of all my kids. I have the bestest kids in the world. AND now I have the greatest g-babies anyone could ask for. Just wanted to share some joy and happiness. Peace Out!!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Well, like I said, I pretty much already had myself convinced on doing it so I just signed up, hehe. Worst that happens is I don't learn as much as I would have if I took a normal A&P class, but seeing that I can't get into one, I think I am gonna learn more than not taking any A&P class period. At the moment, the only A&P I know is from three different classes that all briefly went over it, and then self study, which I just Googled and found a lot of teachers posting their class materials online, or I have several books on it.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Attn mr brown

MR Brown go back 3 or 4 pages and address the concerns I posted about you. Many of us are waiting for the truth. Remember the truth shall set you free. ;)

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't have the energy to search thru this thread for whatever moaning about me you are doing when I have to be up in six hours

You're just jealous you can't be as awesome as Brown :D

Man I wish I was as awesome as Brown now that I think of it

medic417

The Truth Provider
Depends how much of a sarchastic mood she is in at the time I want to propose :D

*Brown away! :ph34r:

Here you say when you propose. Then another page you say your wife is camping. Which is it? Are you married? Are you even in the medical field? Or are you a 14 year old want a be? :p But seriously did you get your online persona's confused for a minute?

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Here you say when you propose. Then another page you say your wife is camping. Which is it? Are you married? Are you even in the medical field? Or are you a 14 year old want a be? :p But seriously did you get your online persona's confused for a minute?

Aw snap you got me, Brown is really a shut in who lives in the basement, reads Playdude and makes helicopter noises while working night shift at the Wally World to avoid having to interact with people in the harsh light of day in order to not worsen his phobias.

Come on mate ... I may have a warped sense of humour but don't question my medical knowledge or skill, I may not know all the medicine in the world but I am a damn good Ambo.

Oh, and as for the doctor thing .... I may have to choose between whether that orange jumpsuit has "DOCTOR" or "DAD" written on the back in big green letters. I don't know about you as I am not privy to your thoughts however if push comes to shove, I will choose the latter.

*Brown runs round making helicopter noises

Ambulance, Medivac descending .....

medic417

The Truth Provider
Aw snap you got me, Brown is really a shut in who lives in the basement, reads Playdude and makes helicopter noises while working night shift at the Wally World to avoid having to interact with people in the harsh light of day in order to not worsen his phobias.

Come on mate ... I may have a warped sense of humour but don't question my medical knowledge or skill, I may not know all the medicine in the world but I am a damn good Ambo.

Oh, and as for the doctor thing .... I may have to choose between whether that orange jumpsuit has "DOCTOR" or "DAD" written on the back in big green letters. I don't know about you as I am not privy to your thoughts however if push comes to shove, I will choose the latter.

*Brown runs round making helicopter noises

Ambulance, Medivac descending .....

LOL. So married or not? :p Some of the ladies here seem turned on by your heicopter noises. :wacko:

As to dad or family before career I agree family first mi amigo.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
LOL. So married or not? :p Some of the ladies here seem turned on by your heicopter noises. :wacko:

As to dad or family before career I agree family first mi amigo.

Not yet, next year hopefully.

And yes, Sasha might be turned on by my helicopter noises but I think she has a boyfriend :D

Sasha

Forum Chief
And yes, Sasha might be turned on by my helicopter noises but I think she has a boyfriend

Sasha's engaged. Hate to break it to all you lovely EMT and Paramedics but I'm off the market for good ;)

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Sasha's engaged. Hate to break it to all you lovely EMT and Paramedics but I'm off the market for good ;)

"You know what Oz, I can't seem to find this scene"
"Its over there Brown"
"Ah yes, I don't think there is anywhere I can see we could land at the moment"
"What about over there, look, there is some sort of function going on, plenty of space"
"True, OK looks good mate, bring the tail to me if you want and keep coming down ... Ambulance, Medivac descending"

*Brown and Oz leap from thier bloody great helicopter lugging gigantic Thomas Packs over thier shoulder

"Damn it Brown we crashed a wedding!"
"So we did Oz, try to blend in, hey is that cake? ....."

:D :D

Sasha

Forum Chief
"You know what Oz, I can't seem to find this scene"
"Its over there Brown"
"Ah yes, I don't think there is anywhere I can see we could land at the moment"
"What about over there, look, there is some sort of function going on, plenty of space"
"True, OK looks good mate, bring the tail to me if you want and keep coming down ... Ambulance, Medivac descending"

*Brown and Oz leap from thier bloody great helicopter lugging gigantic Thomas Packs over thier shoulder

"Damn it Brown we crashed a wedding!"
"So we did Oz, try to blend in, hey is that cake? ....."

:D :D

"Tonight at 11. Two HEMS workers were beaten to death with a high heel shoe after crashing the suspect's wedding."