the 100% directionless thread

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I just posted "OTC Narcan will save more lives than all of the AEDs in the US combined" on my Facebook page. My a$$hole friends who have no idea how any of this works are posting how "Narcan doesn't teach any of those people a lesson". Ugh. Save me.
Lol...just...lol.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
I just posted "OTC Narcan will save more lives than all of the AEDs in the US combined" on my Facebook page. My a$$hole friends who have no idea how any of this works are posting how "Narcan doesn't teach any of those people a lesson". Ugh. Save me.

I just replied to the first comment. ;)

Flying

Mostly Ignorant
Enabler!

Honestly, that's sad.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
Really?????

Attachments

• 20160907_182539.jpg
    20160907_182539.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 192

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Good luck, brother. This month is off to a steady start for our base. Not a bad thing, considering I spent the majority of my last two rotations loafing around the station, and getting acquainted with...well?...EMTLIFE.

We ended up with two bad traumas. Well one ok one and one bad one. First guy tried to roll his car down the driveway because it wouldn't start then jump in it so he could steer and use the brakes...yea he needs a new ankle.

Second guy was allegedly racing and got into a t-bone accident. GCS 6 (1-2-3) on arrival and a catastrophe of an airway, unrelenting oropharyngeal bleeding. His hard palate was displaced and folded up on itself. Almost ended up with a crich. We were the second in of a total of 4 units. Dude has cerebral shearing, an epidural with shift, a blowout orbital fx and temporal fx.

I'm ready for bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I think what many newer providers fail to recognize at times are the poor outcomes an "excitin call" may have.

Agreed. His wife was in the car with him and was basically fine besides anxiety and ETOH. Sad that one can end up as sick as he was and the other walk away but her life will never be the same.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
We ended up with two bad traumas. Well one ok one and one bad one. First guy tried to roll his car down the driveway because it wouldn't start then jump in it so he could steer and use the brakes...yea he needs a new ankle.

Second guy was allegedly racing and got into a t-bone accident. GCS 6 (1-2-3) on arrival and a catastrophe of an airway, unrelenting oropharyngeal bleeding. His hard palate was displaced and folded up on itself. Almost ended up with a crich. We were the second in of a total of 4 units. Dude has cerebral shearing, an epidural with shift, a blowout orbital fx and temporal fx.

I'm ready for bed.

Somewhere, an organ donation coordinator just reached for a phone...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member