the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Yeah, the 5.11 polos are heavy and hold in heat. And they don't look very neat.

I still think a polo of golf shirt material and lightweight golf pants would be awesome for summer uniforms. They looked at me like I had three heads when I suggested something other than 5.11 EMS pants.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I would wear a button down, the ones I wore in NM for my agencies and in west Texas were much cooler than these polos

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Supposedly we'll get Polos as an option to wear when it's hot out, they put out a poll on prefered color (white vs. navy....navy won in a landslide lol) but other than that no follow on word

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
I don't have a uniform yet, but allegedly that will end later this week. Very comfy in jeans, a pocket Tee shirt, and a Volunteer Fire Dept. baseball cap. None of the patients have really given a hoot what I was wearing.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Just did our monthly bag check while on the new shift. Real strong work other crews. I didn't know we are supposed to leave stuff in the bags that expired in 2008 or have the bags stocked enough to make a completely separate bag minus the IO kit.

Which shift? 108?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
We wear our Class B shirts regardless of temp. It's been in the 90

Same here. It was 117 yesterday and it hit 124 a couple weeks ago.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I just overheard this gem of an 0130 dispatch:

BLS Ambulance, respond to a sick person. 50 YOF relates she was struck by lightning three days ago, and is now suffering from a stomach ache. She will be waiting for the ambulance in her vehicle outside the entrance to her development.

Facepalm. So glad I don't have to go on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I just overheard this gem of an 0130 dispatch:

BLS Ambulance, respond to a sick person. 50 YOF relates she was struck by lightning three days ago, and is now suffering from a stomach ache. She will be waiting for the ambulance in her vehicle outside the entrance to her development.

Facepalm. So glad I don't have to go on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sounds like a shocking good call

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
She sounds like a good story teller. I think I'd be entertained all the way to the ER/psych.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I got to watch someone fall out of a golf cart tonight. Ended up as an RSI and a trauma room report.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Something tells me it wasn't the fall that caused all that.
Eh, she fell out during a turn and smacked her head on a curb when she hit. At 15mph or so that did some damage. I'm pretty sure most of what I saw was caused by the fall.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I'm so glad I didn't go into law enforcement. I'd be one **** head away from going to prison right now.