the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Can I just vent for a second? I am flying to Portland for work, and my boss, in order to save $400 thought it would be totally acceptable for me to drive from Savannah to Columbia SC... To fly to Charlottle and then on to Portland.

W. T. F.

I live 15 minutes away from an airport. I would have paid the extra 400 dollars myself to avoid leaving 5 hours before my flight, driving to Columbia and then having to drive home Tuesday night at 10pm.

Just stupid. And when I said I would change the flight, everyone freaked out because it was travel paid for by corporate. I'm losing my mind.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Cops have a tough job... And it's only going to get worse.
Indeed the conventions will be interesting, the Dems are having the mothers of "slain black men" speak. Freddie Gray's mom, Michael Brown's mom, trayvon's mom, etcetc... What a bunch of ****ing morons. With this timing of violence against cops, to have the mother of guys who were fighting with cops (some of them) and got shot for it is pathetic. Worsening race relations.

The stakes are so high with the current race relations, Supreme Court appointments, terrorism and the influx of military aged male "refugees", etc. etc.

This election and the next few months will determine the next 100 years in this country, save for a foreign invasion.

Vote for Trump.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Depends on why you were on the traffic camera. Do spill.
A long extrication took place beneath the camera. While Fire watched each other use the tools, my partner and I removed the other, still somewhat trapped patient ourselves.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Vote for Trump.

COtlr9KUkAAI-fO.jpg

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Indeed the conventions will be interesting, the Dems are having the mothers of "slain black men" speak. Freddie Gray's mom, Michael Brown's mom, trayvon's mom, etcetc... What a bunch of ****ing morons. With this timing of violence against cops, to have the mother of guys who were fighting with cops (some of them) and got shot for it is pathetic. Worsening race relations.

The stakes are so high with the current race relations, Supreme Court appointments, terrorism and the influx of military aged male "refugees", etc. etc.

This election and the next few months will determine the next 100 years in this country, save for a foreign invasion.

Vote for Trump.

In all seriousness......the time for this concern has passed, I'm afraid. We've been too complacent for too long already. I think the die has already been cast.

Our debt is already more than we can repay, and the government continues to borrow what, $.40 of every dollar it spends? It is only a matter of time before lenders stop buying our governments debt, at which time the dollar will collapse. When that happens, both your savings account and 401k will be worthless. The price of a gallon of gas or loaf of bread could could increase 10000% overnight. For some reason people don't take this seriously. I guess they think it can't happen here, but it has already happened many times throughout history. We are not that special.

Everyone - "conservatives" and leftists alike - wants the government to enforce their preferences and fund their special interests, and the politicians are happy to oblige, because it increases their power. The result is that government power over our lives has increased exponentially and our rights have eroded dramatically in the past decades - shockingly few people even seem to care that the 4th amendment was effectively erased last week - and as a result, we are on the verge of a full-blown police state.

What you see happening with the police now is just the start of it. Lots of people are really fed up with our government and our criminal justice system. Many of those gripes are legit, many are not. But push eventually comes to shove, and I think what we are seeing now is the first shoves. The people who have the least to lose are the first ones to do it.

Things have gotten really bad, really quickly, and either of the current major party candidates will do nothing but press even harder on the accelerator. All they do is double down on what's already happening.

But hey, we've got EBT and pokemon and the Kardashians, so who cares what the NSA and SCOTUS are up to, right?

Last edited:

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
And missed out on a cardiac arrest because my partner can't finish a report in under an hour and refuses to clear the hospital until then.

PotatoMedic

Meh. There will be plenty of others...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not in Pierce county. It would have been my second in a year being a medic.

PotatoMedic

I'm about to fill out an application actually. I said I would give my current employer a year before I jumped ship. And since central only had 5 students pass the NREMT Als is in need.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas

Vote for Trump.

Um, no.

Trump is a terrible candidate and a complete dilliante. He is in no way prepared to be the President.

Vote for Johnson, or accept Hillary. She's ruthless.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Trump would be a great person to win. Then all we have to do is impeach him and we don't have to have Trump or Billary. Win win....if only it were that easy.....