the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Most of those classes are included as part of the initial paramedic program.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
No, its all part of the curriculum of my medic program, I don't know anything about NAEMT. I wouldn't worry with them (assuming you are even allowed?) if you are still working on basic right now. What you would do now you are already being taught (BVM, compressions). The rest of the stuff like meds and intubation are going to be irrelevant to you until you get your medic license.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Exactamenté

But I think he left again...

The feels and all......

Also, I wish we had Cardizem on our rigs; it's not in any EMS basic paramedic protocol I've ever worked under. I've seen it in CCT protocols, but I did learn of it in medic school and before that as a working EMT.

ALSO- If you're lurking and wondering just what the heck we are talking about, check the thread Aprz was referring to and see the article DE posted. Great info there.

We carry cardizem and have standing orders for it.

I'm bored. Only wheel we've turned all day was to go to a fire standby then were cancelled since they were just doing mop up and had no need for the second medic unit. Then we stopped at subway on the way home.

Now I'm watching Man on Fire. Gotta love Denzel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
We carry cardizem and have standing orders for it.

I'm bored. Only wheel we've turned all day was to go to a fire standby then were cancelled since they were just doing mop up and had no need for the second medic unit. Then we stopped at subway on the way home.

Now I'm watching Man on Fire. Gotta love Denzel!

Do love Denzel.

We have also done nothing, which is fine since between internship and work I work 110 of the next 120 hours....

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Meanwhile I've run 7 calls and transported 8 pt's so far, still got 7 1/2 hrs left to go on shift...

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
5 units went out of service today, due to various mechanical issues. Including mine, which blew a water pump mid-transport. Fun all around.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Meanwhile I've run 7 calls and transported 8 pt's so far, still got 7 1/2 hrs left to go on shift...
Yea...we didn't turn a wheel after I posted that.

Now I left at 2000 so who knows what happened afterwards....hahaha

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I like the gsxr better, but I don't know yet. The Versys makes more sense.

Suzuki SV650's are nice. Almost pulled the trigger on one a couple years ago.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Yea...we didn't turn a wheel after I posted that.

Now I left at 2000 so who knows what happened afterwards....hahaha

lol total 9 calls with 10 patients in 24hrs...but we slept most of the night so that's something lol

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Suzuki SV650's are nice. Almost pulled the trigger on one a couple years ago.
I really want an SV1000, I love the parallel twin bikes

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
"When's the last time you used heroin?"
5 days ago
....."What time did you take heroin this morning?"
At like 9

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 154

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
My ninja 650 was a parallel twin and it was bulletproof. And I love the power curve compared to the i4 zx6r I had

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I would love a 675, but I'm too short lol. Damn things have the highest seat height of their class.
I think if I was going to buy another new bike, I'd get a KTM 690 Duke or a Ducati 821 Dark Monster. But then again, since my next bike will most likely be used, I wanna try to find an older ZX-7R or Z7S

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I would love a 675, but I'm too short lol. Damn things have the highest seat height of their class.
I think if I was going to buy another new bike, I'd get a KTM 690 Duke or a Ducati 821 Dark Monster. But then again, since my next bike will most likely be used, I wanna try to find an older ZX-7R or Z7S
I love Ducatis. Sexy as hell. Two-wheeled Lamborghinis.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
But at the same time, just like with cars and trucks, it is tough to beat an Asian make for performance and reliability and overall value.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I haven't had a street bike in years. I want another one before too long.

I'm a little more "mature" than you guys I think, so I'll probably go with something like a lightly used Honda ST. Also love BMW's but they are a bit pricier.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
But at the same time, just like with cars and trucks, it is tough to beat an Asian make for performance and reliability and overall value.
True... But a used monster isn't tpo badly priced, especially if you can find a dark model.