STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I have tken aeveral breaks from this forum. Tneyve all helped

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So AMR replied to my email I sent to follow up on my status after my test....and it's official, I will NOT be joining y'all anytime soon as I am not being considered for hire in any of the divisions I applied to (Irwindale, Rancho Cucamonga, and Riverside), although they helpfully noted that I am welcome to apply at other divisions -_-

So AMR replied to my email I sent to follow up on my status after my test....and it's official, I will NOT be joining y'all anytime soon as I am not being considered for hire in any of the divisions I applied to (Irwindale, Rancho Cucamonga, and Riverside), although they helpfully noted that I am welcome to apply at other divisions -_-
Have you tried AMR San Diego?

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I'm going to take a break from this forum. I will check back from time to time for messages in my inbox. If we're friends on FB, you can find me there. Goodbye for now.
Take care. You're welcome back anytime.
I took a solid 6ish month break. It was kind of nice.
Even the Community Leaders take breaks. It keeps us sane. Well, I mean, how sane can we really be, right?
Same here. Got a little tired of the repetitiveness.
For me, life gets repetitive. It's one of my biggest struggles.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm in that awkward stage of being a new hire where although I haven't even started orientation yet, my contact info is in their system so I'm getting the emails saying "We have openings! Who wants to work?" And the one I just got apparantly a lot of guys took New Years Eve and Day off because if you work today/tomorrow you'll get a raffle ticket where the winner gets to choose a PS4 or an Xbox One or an iPad Mini or a 40" LED TV or a Nomex uniform set haha. I'm sitting here reading going "Put me in coach! Put me in! Nevermind that orientation and Field Training thing!" lol

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Well, at least I got home from my vacation trip to Palm Springs... safely!

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm in that awkward stage of being a new hire where although I haven't even started orientation yet, my contact info is in their system so I'm getting the emails saying "We have openings! Who wants to work?" And the one I just got apparantly a lot of guys took New Years Eve and Day off because if you work today/tomorrow you'll get a raffle ticket where the winner gets to choose a PS4 or an Xbox One or an iPad Mini or a 40" LED TV or a Nomex uniform set haha. I'm sitting here reading going "Put me in coach! Put me in! Nevermind that orientation and Field Training thing!" lol
I'm working today, but getting off at 7pm. I feel awful for my relief. I work in a predominantly college town.... I would not be surprised if the whole city drowned in a giant a giant lake of McCormicks vodka and vomit by tomorrow morning.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm working today, but getting off at 7pm. I feel awful for my relief. I work in a predominantly college town.... I would not be surprised if the whole city drowned in a giant a giant lake of McCormicks vodka and vomit by tomorrow morning.

Living in a college town is brutal for EMS. Our main college has 50k+ students. They all herd to one street every weekend.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Damn. I might as well have worked tonight since everyone I know picked up a shift. Happy New Year's everyone!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
You too Robb! Hope all is going well for you and yours.

Thanks man! Things are going good. Actually taking a break from EMS at the moment, working for a logistics company as a warehouse manager in charge of shipping and receiving. Entertaining possibly enlisting. Got engaged! 8/20/16, Playa Mujeres, Mexico, be there or be square! Haha

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Damn. I might as well have worked tonight since everyone I know picked up a shift. Happy New Year's everyone!
I feel that, I passed and now feel lazy. Just me and my roommate watching drunk history. Of course the supe was being a bit vague about what the shift was, a good miss being that it was an extra BLS "detox" ambulance. Bleh.

Last edited:

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, more bad news, this time from Burbank Fire. I got the email from them earlier saying my NTN score did not meet their cutoff of 89.28. My score? A mere 1.12 points below the cutoff at 88.16 :/ :( Still waiting on word from Culver City if I met their cutoff for the NTN test or not.....

However, on better news side, I also got an email from the Southern Nevada Fire Consortium (one test for a bunch of So NV dept, the openings I applied for in this go around are City of Henderson, City of North Las Vegas, and Clark County), I am eligible to schedule myself to take their written test in January so yeah...