the 100% directionless thread

Wow, the cops in my home town are hecka bold. An on duty officer ordered 20 wings at Wingstop for dine in. I struggle to even order take out...
Damnit, I miss WingStop!

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. It would appear that I am in need of a new job
We need more EMTS and medics up here in Kern County. Just saying...

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I have once again pleased the EMS Gods. 0 calls 0 post moves.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Today I told a patient (70 year old female) my name, to which she replied, "no it is not, it is gay satan, says I the child of god, merciful pilgrim." She then ordered her apx 8 mound dog to attack me. I petted it instead, which did not deescalate the situation as I had hoped.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
You should change your username...

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
It is a thought.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Today I told a patient (70 year old female) my name, to which she replied, "no it is not, it is gay satan, says I the child of god, merciful pilgrim." She then ordered her apx 8 mound dog to attack me. I petted it instead, which did not deescalate the situation as I had hoped.
Well then whatever you do, I suggest NOT responding thusly after petting her dog...

01-i-am-the-great-cornholio-300x300.jpg

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas

Your name is Gaysatan? That's awesome.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Can we get an Admin to change his name? I know he wont mind!

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Happy birthday to all of you Leathernecks out there in EMS land. 240 and still looking good!

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Here's a tough scenario.

Say your small, low volume volunteer fire/EMS department is dispatched to a single patient, low mechanism MVA with no reported entrapment or hazards. Your department employs a single, paid EMT and waits for a volunteer driver. If you have 8 firefighters show up to staff the rescue truck, do you A. Take one FF off the rescue and assign him to drive the ambulance or B. Wait for an out of state mutual aid ambulance to arrive because no one is available to drive yours.

If you chose option B., you are well on your way to fire officer-hood.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Here's a tough scenario.

Say your small, low volume volunteer fire/EMS department is dispatched to a single patient, low mechanism MVA with no reported entrapment or hazards. Your department employs a single, paid EMT and waits for a volunteer driver. If you have 8 firefighters show up to staff the rescue truck, do you A. Take one FF off the rescue and assign him to drive the ambulance or B. Wait for an out of state mutual aid ambulance to arrive because no one is available to drive yours.

If you chose option B., you are well on your way to fire officer-hood.
I am in search of a small object that I can keep nearby to stab repeatedly when I read things like this...

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Well, my volunteer medical group is getting to chance to hold a joint training exercise with the local fire department that provides medical to the stadium along side us. We will get to train with them on assisting them while on scene, assisting with ALS intervention, and going over their ALS gear. I really hope I can go, because it would be nice to learn their ALS gear so that I have a better understanding of how they work. We are also doing this to get ready for SuperBowl!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Thinking about getting my medic and heading up to Denver
I'm not sure what I think of Denver these days. It wants to be cultured so badly that I find it sort of off putting. At least where I am we don't pretend to have anything at all and I can pretend to be upper middle class.

But the wages are waaay better in Denver. So there's that.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm not sure what I think of Denver these days. It wants to be cultured so badly that I find it sort of off putting. At least where I am we don't pretend to have anything at all and I can pretend to be upper middle class.

But the wages are waaay better in Denver. So there's that.

Do you know what the current wages are? My buddy left there and it will almost be a paycut from me being a basic here, to being a medic there if wages are still the same. Though I probably wouldn't care to much. Had enough of Austin.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Do you know what the current wages are? My buddy left there and it will almost be a paycut from me being a basic here, to being a medic there if wages are still the same. Though I probably wouldn't care to much. Had enough of Austin.
Last I heard Denver Health was paying medics somewhere around 18-19/hr. Unknown on current accuracy. I really, really like Denver.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
The posting said 18-24 I think doe