the 100% directionless thread

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
The next nurse that calls me an ambulance driver is going to be called a diaper changer.

medic417

The Truth Provider
The next nurse that calls me an ambulance driver is going to be called a diaper changer.

That is wrong. Very incorrect. Proper term is Butt Wiper.

mct601

RN/NRP
Day 1 of orientation with the local 911 agency (AAA) out of the way. 6 more, and 7 days of ride alongs to go.

8jimi8

CFRN
well it is part of your job isnt it?!
:ph34r:

8jimi8

CFRN
My ca is the butt wiper, I'm the bard bagger. Lol

btw I'd say that the most menial thing you do is and thus your true name... "vomit mopper"

Besides, driving and ambulance is not bad!

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
btw I'd say that the most menial thing you do is and thus your true name... "vomit mopper"

I may mop vomit and other nastiness off the floor of my ambulance, but at least I don't have to wipe it directly off of the pt like you. (little ninja dude goes here. phone won't let me make one.)

I suppose I could say "oh snap!" here. :p

Sasha

Forum Chief
I may mop vomit and other nastiness off the floor of my ambulance, but at least I don't have to wipe it directly off of the pt like you. (little ninja dude goes here. phone won't let me make one.)

I suppose I could say "oh snap!" here. :p

i'm not a nurse, and as an IFT Medic I can tell you I have changed more diapers and wiped vomit, feces, pee, dried food off patients than I have wiped off children. And I'm proud of that. Why? It's little things like changing a diaper and cleaning a patient up that makes them feel better.

It takes a mature and compassionate person to do that, and not go "Ewww pooo!"

Sasha

Forum Chief
I'll take one...and can we drive by the gym? I should at least know what it looks like since I'm paying fifty-bucks a month to be a member. :)

Oh sweetie, you need Planet Fitness. It's 20/month with free massages and tanning.

I plan to join.........someday.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
i'm not a nurse, and as an IFT Medic I can tell you I have changed more diapers and wiped vomit, feces, pee, dried food off patients than I have wiped off children. And I'm proud of that. Why? It's little things like changing a diaper and cleaning a patient up that makes them feel better.

It takes a mature and compassionate person to do that, and not go "Ewww pooo!"

Well, it was a joke Sasha. Now you are making me feel bad............ ;-)

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Respiratory distress call last night. On arrival, pt was satting 75%, after rehab facility's (failed) attempt at doing DuoNeb.

Once in the rig, he said the thing I HATE to hear with respiratory distress:

Have you been intubated before?
"Yes"
How long ago?
"Two weeks"
Is this like that last one?
"Yes"

Grr

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
Just noticed I had 699 posts... Couldn't log off till I made this one. wOOt #700! :D

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
Someone just played the intro music of Star Wars over the radio after dispatch nightly announcements.

Awesome.B)

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Royal Ambulance has had an opening for awhile now in my area. I have all the necessary cert, but lack one requirement by one month, which is to be 21. I've been waiting out on applying, but I finally decided to apply anyhow. I think the worst that could happen is they don't hire me for not being 21, but at the same time, they'll have my application on hand by next month when I am 21, and I just need to follow up.

Would apply everywhere, but most places require to be 21, and I don't want to apply everywhere and get my app thrown in the trash by HR before turning 21, haha.

Last edited by a moderator: