the 100% directionless thread

mct601

RN/NRP
Voted.

What is it?

Informed voters are what make this Democracy Great!!!

Got quite a kick out of this.

So I was en route to an oil stand by site that I haven't been on for over a week. Its not my favorite, and I was discussing that with my partner. Then he comes back with "oh, they got us our own trailer now. A/C, internet, everything". Needless to say, this is no longer a site on my "attempt to swap" list :D

medic417

The Truth Provider

medic417

The Truth Provider

medic417

The Truth Provider

medic417

The Truth Provider

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Thanks.

Yeah, I'm fine for the most part. She's my first family member to die in my lifetime so it's relatively new for my whole family to deal with, even though I've dealt with death before. I knew she wasn't going to make it through, even when the doctor initially stated that he got a pulse back.

It was just odd how it all worked out. First, she's usually at a living facility 30min away, but just got brought to a rehab literally 5 minutes away from my parents house and was to spend a week there. She was fully lucid and talkative, my parents saw her Sunday and my dad just talked to her last night.

Then, we also had 2 of my aunts (her daughters) coming down from Wisconsin to visit her and they were to be here tomorrow... too bad it's a day late, but it's funny how they were already coming.

I went to the rehab place to get her phone (and I had my Paramedic uniform on because I was still expecting to go to work) and and when they nurses learned that not only was I her grandson but also a medic, they spoke to me for a bit, one even saying that she and my grandma spend 2 hours chatting to eachother last night, having eachother "in stitches", don't know if it's true or the speal rehabs give to all family's, but it seemed legit and it felt good.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
Thanks.

Yeah, I'm fine for the most part. She's my first family member to die in my lifetime so it's relatively new for my whole family to deal with, even though I've dealt with death before. I knew she wasn't going to make it through, even when the doctor initially stated that he got a pulse back.

It was just odd how it all worked out. First, she's usually at a living facility 30min away, but just got brought to a rehab literally 5 minutes away from my parents house and was to spend a week there. She was fully lucid and talkative, my parents saw her Sunday and my dad just talked to her last night.

Then, we also had 2 of my aunts (her daughters) coming down from Wisconsin to visit her and they were to be here tomorrow... too bad it's a day late, but it's funny how they were already coming.

I went to the rehab place to get her phone (and I had my Paramedic uniform on because I was still expecting to go to work) and and when they nurses learned that not only was I her grandson but also a medic, they spoke to me for a bit, one even saying that she and my grandma spend 2 hours chatting to eachother last night, having eachother "in stitches", don't know if it's true or the speal rehabs give to all family's, but it seemed legit and it felt good.

They have a cause of death?

medic417

The Truth Provider
They have a cause of death?

She died giving birth.:rolleyes:

Does it really matter at this point. Let Linuss deal with it and if he wants to allow him at his own time share.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
She died of inadequate tissue perfusion :p

But really, we don't know as the doc wouldn't say. They DID do a chest x-ray just after they called it, but before they let us see the body, so I don't know what they're suspecting.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
She died giving birth.:rolleyes:

Does it really matter at this point. Let Linuss deal with it and if he wants to allow him at his own time share.

My apologies for being curious...

A cause of death, for me anyway, brings a sense of closure to the matter. Especially if it was sudden or unexpected like it seemed to be in this case. Now, like with my grandmother who died over a year ago, she'd been declining from Alzheimer's for many years. Was in a home for the last 3 and didn't really communicate for the last year. So when she finally passed, it wasn't really as hard on me as if she was in a position like Linuss's grandmother.

medic417

The Truth Provider
My apologies for being curious...

A cause of death, for me anyway, brings a sense of closure to the matter. Especially if it was sudden or unexpected like it seemed to be in this case. Now, like with my grandmother who died over a year ago, she'd been declining from Alzheimer's for many years. Was in a home for the last 3 and didn't really communicate for the last year. So when she finally passed, it wasn't really as hard on me as if she was in a position like Linuss's grandmother.

Sorry I am grouchy today.

medic417

The Truth Provider
When aren't you grouchy? :p

Why I oughta............. well I will let you slide because of everything but next time POW right to the moon.

JPINFV

Gadfly
So I moved to a new house about a month ago and walking around the neighborhood I came across an old cold war air raid siren. It's amazing some of the things still around.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Bought a PDR since I gave my old one away to a CMA student who is a co-worker, and I decided to read up on IV therapy also since they were next to each other and it was interesting when I was reading it in the library.