the 100% directionless thread

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
Walked out of my interview, and was directed to the backgrounds people to schedule an appointment with an investigator and fill out the gazillion page "tell us about every time you've sneezed" packet, I take it that's a good sign :D

Sounds promising to me.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
Dbacks vs Brewers. 3-0 Dbacks.
IMG_20150726_155153.jpg

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
"Your dispatched to _______ to stage on a possible assault. Caller states assailant put his testicles on her forehead"

That would make for a very interesting call in to the hospital.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Cancellation... Buts Who calls 911 because someone t-bagged them?

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Well, volunteering today for an private event and have heard that the attendance is suppose to be around 40,000. Good thing that they're holding it at the 49er's Stadium!!!!!!!! Plus, there is going to be a special guest.........

Well, volunteering today for an private event and have heard that the attendance is suppose to be around 40,000. Good thing that they're holding it at the 49er's Stadium!!!!!!!! Plus, there is going to be a special guest.........
Better you than me... Last time I did anything EMS related on that large of a scale we were kept busy. San Diego Padres Vs. Dodgers, and San Diego Chargers Vs. Oakland Raiders. Logistically challenging, but oh so much fun!

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Better you than me... Last time I did anything EMS related on that large of a scale we were kept busy. San Diego Padres Vs. Dodgers, and San Diego Chargers Vs. Oakland Raiders. Logistically challenging, but oh so much fun!
Nice!! My volunteer group provides the medical aspect for the Niner's stadium so they've got it down to a science!!! This is my first big event at the stadium as an EMT. I was working there last year as an Usher!!

Nice!! My volunteer group provides the medical aspect for the Niner's stadium so they've got it down to a science!!! This is my first big event at the stadium as an EMT. I was working there last year as an Usher!!
So you're a volunteer with Pro-Transport 1? Please correct me if I am wrong, but don't they have the Niner's Stadium EMS standby contract?

EMT2015

Forum Captain
So you're a volunteer with Pro-Transport 1? Please correct me if I am wrong, but don't they have the Niner's Stadium EMS standby contract?
No, I volunteer with RockMed. Pro-Transport 1 does do EMS standby, but I believe outside. I have never seen them inside the stadium, only Rural Metro.

No, I volunteer with RockMed. Pro-Transport 1 does do EMS standby, but I believe outside. I have never seen them inside the stadium, only Rural Metro.
Rural/Metro was my affiliation in San Diego. And one of my ex's from many many years ago, used to be affiliated with RockMed.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

Why? It's utter bull **** that these major for profit organizations are using a volunteer organization for major events! You're not volunteering there to help people, you're volunteering to line the CEO's pockets with extra cash.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Yeh, Rockmed and ProTransport-1 did standby at the stadium. I don't know if ProTransport-1 still does it cause County Ambulance (Rural/Metro) will actually post some units there now that it is in Santa Clara.