the 100% directionless thread

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
wanting to snap chat with a bunch of strangers on the internet makes me question if you have friends....
anyway, if spice is cheaper than meth im sure well see more around my area soon enough.
I would snapchat with you guys if I didn't think the app on my phone would raise questions at home.

I have friends.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Yeah, you're crazy. I tried to run down about 50 meters and thought I was going to slip and die with every step...
It's pretty much a mile long controlled fall. Easier in the winter with some ice spikes on however.

You've certainly done ok with the weather these past few days happily!

Angel

Paramedic
today is weirdos texting me day. 1 person refuses to tell me who they are, the other, i havent spoken to in nearly 7 months...why...

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
wanting to snap chat with a bunch of strangers on the internet makes me question if you have friends....

I'm a 400 lb male sitting in my room in my whitey tighties.... With no friends.

I mostly want to see how ugly everybody is whom I'm talking to ;).

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
I would snapchat with you guys if I didn't think the app on my phone would raise questions at home.

I have friends.
Me and the hubs snapchat each other.

Usually pics of weird ppl at Walmart when one of us is grocery shopping.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So I got a bit of a doozy of a story here....

It starts off late last night I get a phone call from a lady friend of mine, apparently she had spent the last 7 hours waiting at a hospital ER with abdominal pains she says are consistent with her history of kidney stones and is sick and tired of waiting and just wants to go home. I'd like to say I agreed even though I was late because I'm such a good friend, but truth is she is a rather very attractive lady friend,and the last time we hung out we began rounding the bases lol though that's not the interesting part of the story (sorry guys)

Well driving down the freeway, I nearly get ran off the road. I was in the number 2 lane with my cruise control on, no e straight, flat stretch of open, no traffic freeway (ok it is L.A. so there were plenty of other cars around but not piling up in front of you slowing you down lol) when all of a sudden I notice a car appearing on my left dangerously close to me, close enough to cause me to swerve into the #3 lane...sure enough as he passes me I notice he's not just close to the line, but completely straddling both lanes. And he wasn't even changing lanes, he nice and smoothly, not a sharp jerky overcorrection, drifts back into his lane and halfway into the carpool lane, and then back halfway into the lane I was in...then, even though I had slowed down, I ended up passing him, just for him to suddenly accelerate past me again, once again nearly sideswipping me, all the while continuing to his attempt to drive in three lanes at once. Well with enough signs make a differential diagnosis, I dialed 911 to report the drunk driver (yes I have a hands free Bluetooth speaker lol). I passed him again, and this time he stayed behind me, and I was soooooo hoping to see blue lights in my mirror, but it looked like he merged onto another freeway before that could happen. Phoney. Hopefully CHP was able to find him before fire needed to get involved as well. Unfortunately that was only the appetizer to last night's weirdness....
today is trying to be a weirdo texting other people day. 1 person I refuse to tell who I am. The other, I have not spoken to in months.
So hopefully it's been you texting me lol, cuz I think I have you and Angel beat in the weird texts category....so remember that story I posted the other day about getting 16 messages from an unknown (google says New Orleans area code) number all saying Hey except the last one demanding to know why I haven't tested them back, and then never answering who they were?
Huh, so I'm at a written test prep seminar for LAFDs upcoming test and my phone dies near the start of it (no big deal, means I won't get any sudden embarrassing jungles coming from my pocket while in class lol). Well 4 hours later after the class I finally get my phone on the charger and notice I have 16 missed texts from a phone number not saved in my contacts, almost all variations of "Hey" with the last one demanding to know why I don't text them back.

Well it's not the first time my phone lost someone's contact info...so without really doing much more than roll my eyes at the fact there's 16 messages, shoot off a quick message explaining my phone was off for the last 4 hours, oh and hey, my phone lost their contact info, who is it? Even related a story of how recently I got a text from my dad but it just listed the number and I only recognized it because I had to put it down on some of my Army forms last month at drill lol

Didn't think anything much more about it till I got home and noticed they never replied....then I noticed nearly all 16 messages had the same time stamp..I Googled the area code, and it came back as a New Orleans area code...I don't know anyone from there so um yeah... :-/
Well this morning, on my way to pick up my friend from the hospital they started texting me again...except this time it was threats. Literally. Excerpts include "I can see you" (this one came in while I was still driving btw) "Be careful of every move you do because I will be chasing you" and most heart warming of all is "are you ready to die tonight?" Like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot???? And then they even followed that up by texting the name of the neighborhood in LA where the hospital I was at is! No one else except my lady friend knew I was heading that way to pick her up, and yet that one and the other last couple came in after she was already in my truck and she didn't have her phone out! I was screened out enough to turn the location services off on my phone...then drove her home, hung out for a while and just got home and no more texts.....

So idk, maybe she was just messing with me, sent them right before I got there so by the time they got to my phone hers was already put away, she did admit to having just had morphine before AMAing...though neither was she acting like she was pulling a prank on me...otherwise I can only think someone got drunk and/or high and thought texting threats to a random phone number was funny..but that doesn't explain knowing where I was :-/

Idk, you think I should go visit the Sheriff's office?

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Idk, you think I should go visit the Sheriff's office?
Why not. If I get a text from an unknown number saying I'm going to die and they have any resemblance of an idea where I am I'll take it to the Leo. Even if I think it is just people fooling around. People need to know their stupid jokes have some fun consequences.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Have you been to a more liberal city then Boulder?

Ok. Next.

Yes. Many. As soon you as you get out of downtown Boulder it's just regular Colorado.

Meanwhile the east coast is well, the east coast. Massachusetts anyone? (Proud expat here).

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Me too! Well first some backpacking in NH but then it's boat time!