the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
psh, I get my own calvary rolling when I scream like a little girl I the radio.

You mean they can tell the difference between that and normal?

JPINFV

Gadfly
You mean they can tell the difference between that and normal?

oh-snap-chart.jpg

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus

Not only do you win, but you, you crafty Devil, got the entry in (at least on my confuser) the VERY LAST POST OF THE 500th PAGE!

Congratulations! For that you get...

"Linuss pulled off the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life!" You can quote me as firetender.

(Hell, that's more than you get from the people whose lives you save.)

Now, for me to send you a signed copy, since the book is just now getting issued, it'll take me a couple weeks to get my personal order in. PM me with address and all the information about your banking account, including pin and password.

Thanks much! I'm looking forward to doing business with you!

Russ

...and you get a money-back guarantee!

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Rough plot of my route for now... http://bit.ly/cm1KCN
I need to find someone that wants my pickup and will either pay me cash or trade me for a smaller vehicle...

EDIT: Might add a stop in ABQ, NM to pick up my brother's mustang on the way to Austin so I have a more efficient vehicle

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Rough plot of my route for now... http://bit.ly/cm1KCN
I need to find someone that wants my pickup and will either pay me cash or trade me for a smaller vehicle...

EDIT: Might add a stop in ABQ, NM to pick up my brother's mustang on the way to Austin so I have a more efficient vehicle

I have an '89 Geo I'll trade. :p

And dude, I wouldn't post my address like that if I were you.:ph34r:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I have an '89 Geo I'll trade. :p

And dude, I wouldn't post my address like that if I were you.:ph34r:

You have your choice of something like 30 buildings in the complex, feel free to try and find me. Besides, I use 4square for fun, so a lot of people know the general area I live in.

And if it's a Geo Storm you've got a deal :)

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
You have your choice of something like 30 buildings in the complex, feel free to try and find me. Besides, I use 4square for fun, so a lot of people know the general area I live in.

And if it's a Geo Storm you've got a deal :)

Oh, ok. Just had to say it.

And no, it is a Geo Metro that hopefully I will ditch as soon as I finish fixing my truck. I almost rolled the stupid thing about a month ago and am in the middle if trying to find all the parts and panels and glass I need. Lemmie say that parts, especially new ones, for a Chevy 2500 are expensive!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
No kidding. I've got an 89 K1500 chevy and I'm glad I don't have to pay what they want for parts for a new one!
I've put up on the local CL that I'd take something like an exploder or cherokee, or even a 4 door car like a Saturn SL... I'm not looking forward to taking that big truck on THIS trip.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
No kidding. I've got an 89 K1500 chevy and I'm glad I don't have to pay what they want for parts for a new one!
I've put up on the local CL that I'd take something like an exploder or cherokee, or even a 4 door car like a Saturn SL... I'm not looking forward to taking that big truck on THIS trip.

What kind of milage do you get? Is it a 350 V-8, or what?

Mine is a 6.5 turbo diesel. If I drive right, I'll get 25+. But the cool thing is that even when I am towing four-five tons of hay, it doesn't drop below 21.

You want to sell me a right fender, passenger door, back window, windshield, hood and grille? B)

And what do you mean by "I'll take an exploder?"

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
What kind of milage do you get? Is it a 350 V-8, or what?

Mine is a 6.5 turbo diesel. If I drive right, I'll get 25+. But the cool thing is that even when I am towing four-five tons of hay, it doesn't drop below 21.

You want to sell me a right fender, passenger door, back window, windshield, hood and grille? B)

And what do you mean by "I'll take an exploder?"

350 V8, getting about 15 or so highway. I think. from what I've read it's got a 28 gallon tank and I'm getting about 400 miles out of one tank of gas (gps reading since my odometer doesnt' work). I wish it had the 6.5, as I'd much prefer a diesel in a truck like this.
And I think I need to kinda keep this truck intact for now :p

And as for exploder... I come from driving Jeeps, Ford Explorers are commonly referred to as Exploders... Never quite sure why, but the name has gotten stuck in my head

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Now, for me to send you a signed copy, since the book is just now getting issued, it'll take me a couple weeks to get my personal order in. PM me with address and all the information about your banking account, including pin and password.

...and you get a money-back guarantee!

I see what you did there!

Funny part was I was at work on my phone worried that I wouldn't get to live up to my guarantee that I'd win ^_^

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Attention guy who opened my ambulance doors TWICE while I was with a patient:

1: I don't care that my ambulance is blocking 1 of 2 exits from the parking lot, as it was the only place I could park to get to my patient without being in the middle of a road.
2: I care even less that you're holding a physican ID card out at me demanding that I move from said 1 of 2 entrances.

You opened my door once. I asked politely to wait a minute while I worked with my CHEST PAIN PATIENT WITH SOB

You opened my door twice a minute later, showing me said ID card, and I told you sternly to wait while I get things squared away.

Go ahead, open my door a 3rd time and see what happens.

If you truly are a physician of ANY worth to your patients, the moment I said "chest pain" you would have backed off... or atleast found the other exit.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
350 V8, getting about 15 or so highway. I think. from what I've read it's got a 28 gallon tank and I'm getting about 400 miles out of one tank of gas (gps reading since my odometer doesnt' work). I wish it had the 6.5, as I'd much prefer a diesel in a truck like this.
And I think I need to kinda keep this truck intact for now :p

And as for exploder... I come from driving Jeeps, Ford Explorers are commonly referred to as Exploders... Never quite sure why, but the name has gotten stuck in my head

Oh ok. Gotcha. I like it. The Ford Exploder. (But than, can't you call a Pinto that?) lol

So many people I run into say they hate the 6.5. But I love it. Uber simple to work on too. I got it a year and a half ago knowing absolutly zilch about diesels except for the fact that I wanted one. Now, I do all my own work on it and I hope to never drive a gasoline powered truck again. At first my dad tried to talk me out of getting a diesel since I had never even looked at one with the hood up. Now, he asks to borrow it all the time. I keep telling him to sell his 350 V8 and get a 6.5. Or a 6600 if he dosen't want one that old. :p It may be a whole different animal, working on a diesel, but when you actually get into it, it is, I think, simpler than a gasoline engine. More heavy duty parts? Yes, but they last longer. I will say that the 6.5 has a bugger of an injector pump. That goes out? Big $$$. But when something produces over 150,000 in a liquid, it deserves to be expensive. lol

And expensive as parts for a diesel are, they are no where near as expensive as the newer D-Max, or even the Power-choke or Cummins parts. The Detroit 6.5 may not be as powerful as a Cummins, but with a manual trans and a little skill, I can pull whatever I need to. Wood, animals, hay, equipment, you name it. Now the 6.2 is a whole 'nother story. Blah......but IMHO, naturally aspirated diesels are the worst thing ever. Hands down.

Good luck finding a rig! Definatly go diesel if you can.

mct601

RN/NRP
Attention guy who opened my ambulance doors TWICE while I was with a patient:

1: I don't care that my ambulance is blocking 1 of 2 exits from the parking lot, as it was the only place I could park to get to my patient without being in the middle of a road.
2: I care even less that you're holding a physican ID card out at me demanding that I move from said 1 of 2 entrances.

You opened my door once. I asked politely to wait a minute while I worked with my CHEST PAIN PATIENT WITH SOB

You opened my door twice a minute later, showing me said ID card, and I told you sternly to wait while I get things squared away.

Go ahead, open my door a 3rd time and see what happens.

If you truly are a physician of ANY worth to your patients, the moment I said "chest pain" you would have backed off... or atleast found the other exit.

So a physician is more concerned about convenience than patient health?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
So a physician is more concerned about convenience than patient health?

As if that's any kind of surprise at all.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Oh ok. Gotcha. I like it. The Ford Exploder. (But than, can't you call a Pinto that?) lol

So many people I run into say they hate the 6.5. But I love it. Uber simple to work on too. I got it a year and a half ago knowing absolutly zilch about diesels except for the fact that I wanted one. Now, I do all my own work on it and I hope to never drive a gasoline powered truck again. At first my dad tried to talk me out of getting a diesel since I had never even looked at one with the hood up. Now, he asks to borrow it all the time. I keep telling him to sell his 350 V8 and get a 6.5. Or a 6600 if he dosen't want one that old. :p It may be a whole different animal, working on a diesel, but when you actually get into it, it is, I think, simpler than a gasoline engine. More heavy duty parts? Yes, but they last longer. I will say that the 6.5 has a bugger of an injector pump. That goes out? Big $$$. But when something produces over 150,000 in a liquid, it deserves to be expensive. lol

And expensive as parts for a diesel are, they are no where near as expensive as the newer D-Max, or even the Power-choke or Cummins parts. The Detroit 6.5 may not be as powerful as a Cummins, but with a manual trans and a little skill, I can pull whatever I need to. Wood, animals, hay, equipment, you name it. Now the 6.2 is a whole 'nother story. Blah......but IMHO, naturally aspirated diesels are the worst thing ever. Hands down.

Good luck finding a rig! Definatly go diesel if you can.

I'm trying, but right now since I don't have to haul anything (and usually it's just a race bike in the bed anyways) I might just get a smaller truck if I can. I still want something 4x4 though.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
So... who'd've thought that hot cooking oil would be able to give you 2* burns to the back of your hand... I need to stay away from cooking for a little bit, I've managed to burn myself every single time. Time to run to the store to pick up some more Kerlix type stuff... and maybe some topical Lido spray