the 100% directionless thread

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
@Aprz , so do you work FT hours even as a PT?
Not per our CBA, but I'll be starting my full time shift this Sunday.

CBA said:
11.2 Definition of Regular Full-Time Employee

Regular full-time employees will be those employees who are designated as such by the Employer and are defined as those employees who are regularly scheduled to work a schedule predetermined by the Employer which consists of forty (40) hours per week or more.

Any full-time employee whose work hours per week fall below forty (40) for a period of eight (8) continuous weeks shall have their status changed to part-time if such absence was for reasons other than being on a scheduled vacation or an approved leave of absence.

11.3 Definition of Regular Part-Time Employee

Regular part-time employees will be those employees who are designated as such by the Employer and who are regularly scheduled to work less than forty (40) hours per week. Part-time employees who work forty (40) or more hours each week for more than six (6) months shall have the option to change their status to full-time.

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Now come work out at the UC's in the desert. We need some competent PA's out here.

Desert huh? Seeing as we got another 2 or so inches of snow today I think Mrs Jerky might be interested in a move.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Do what desertemt does. Get a nice place in Beaumont / banning and drive out to work. Easy commute, never traffic either.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Do what desertemt does. Get a nice place in Beaumont / banning and drive out to work. Easy commute, never traffic either.

Or if he REALLY hated the cold, move out to the Coachella Valley and you'll never see a day below 50 degrees again.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
I tried to attach an article about the possibility of a head transplant in as little as two years. I know a few people that could use one. [emoji6]

Just went to Chick-Fil-A for dinner. Apparently they have a Fire/EMS discount...my $7.38 meal turned into $4.33 after a $3.98 discount I never knew they had, I was just too lazy to take off my uniform shirt on my way home lol, might have to stop there more often haha
It doesn't appear to be a universal discount. I was on duty and in uniform and paid full price. Not that I expected to pay anything less nor did I ask for a discount, but after reading your post I was curious to see.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
It doesn't appear to be a universal discount. I was on duty and in uniform and paid full price. Not that I expected to pay anything less nor did I ask for a discount, but after reading your post I was curious to see.
Hmm...I wonder if it's a franchise by franchise thing?

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

Flying

Mostly Ignorant
I should be cleared to work as a solo medic after tomorrow's shift. Thank god, I get queasy riding around in the box all day. (Zofran ODT FTW)
What is a solo medic in your system? Is it really just what it says on the tin? I'd like to know out of interest and being only familiar with NJ's configurations.

Angel

Paramedic
so after hearing my...lets say 50+(?) year old supervisor talk about his depressing situation, (spent like 30 years at this job and has NO retirement, only a 401k which he can only access in his 60's) I am even more determined to find a better work situation. Id like to give it a year here, 2 tops, to get the experience and not have so much job jumping on my resume, then find something worth while. I admit I am a bit afraid to leave CA, especially for the more conservative parts of America, but I have a future to think about. Hopefully things with AMR work out...that or fire are my top choices right now.