the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
any idea how much it costs? looked around on there but don't feel like calling
I'm not sure yet. Everytime I try talking to them I get sent on a run

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I have no idea how they're attached. I've actually wondered how, but lacked the interest in really finding out.
They have an anchor that is put under the skin. It's a long skinny thing and that has a hole that the piercing screws into. The anchor
stays in, you have to get them removed by the piercer. She had a clavicle one break off in the socket and never had the anchor removed, so you can still feel it underneath the skin. It creeps me out honestly haha

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I have no idea how they're attached. I've actually wondered how, but lacked the interest in really finding out.
Some screw in like a bolt and some are magnetized

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
So I finally figured out how to change the time on my watch to match daylight savings (you know, like two or three weeks after it happened).

I realised that when I did it the numbers spelt out "LEEEL" (see below); now I know it doesn't mean anything but it reminded me of when I was a kid in maths class and the boys would spell dirty sounding words with the numbers on the calculator.

I giggled .... I am so juvenile, yet am somehow trusted with other people's lives!

m_51fb54409f9d1e4528031807.png

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief

Just another day on the job... One out by rotor, one from scene to fixed wing. The rotor patient got bilat chest darts, chest tubes, pericardiocentesis, and RSI.
Pericardiocentesis indications? Most protocols I've noticed state for blunt trauma arrests. Muffled heart tones, hypotension? Just seems very aggressive for a pt in the field that is alive. And with limited dx equipment. Badass none the less.

@TransportJockey

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Pericardiocentesis indications? Most protocols I've noticed state for blunt trauma arrests. Muffled heart tones, hypotension? Just seems very aggressive for a pt in the field that is alive. And with limited dx equipment. Badass none the less.

@TransportJockey
Witnessed traumatic arrest with narrowing pressures right before arrest. He still has pulses in the trauma.unit in the city last I heard
And.our dx equipment isnt quite as limited as most ground units lol

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
You guys do special forms for invasive procedures so they get QA'd?
Any critical care skills are an automatic qa (pericardiocentesis, digital and regional blocks, chest tubes, central lines, cutdowns) same with crics and RSI. Our charting software (ESO) helps keep track of that.

Angel

Paramedic

idk either, i just know they have to be surgically removed, which is probably why 9d4s girlfriend still has hers

Day 1 of orientation at new job complete... Only 8 more days of orientation and then it's off to FTO time.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Any critical care skills are an automatic qa (pericardiocentesis, digital and regional blocks, chest tubes, central lines, cutdowns) same with crics and RSI. Our charting software (ESO) helps keep track of that.
You do nerve blocks in the field?? [emoji15] Wow. I imagine you're using ultrasound to assist with that. I'm sure it is exceedingly effective for pain management, but I wouldn't think you're doing any kind of stitches/procedures pre-hospitally that would necessitate a block. You Pecoans are crazy, but we already knew that!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
You do nerve blocks in the field?? [emoji15] Wow. I imagine you're using ultrasound to assist with that. I'm sure it is exceedingly effective for pain management, but I wouldn't think you're doing any kind of stitches/procedures pre-hospitally that would necessitate a block. You Pecoans are crazy, but we already knew that!
Regional blocks the ultrasound is nice for... but I've actually never used digital blocks w/ ultrasound, even when I did them in the ED I was working in before I cam out here. We generally do it for isolated trauma like fingers getting caught in something industrial (remember, lots of petrochem areas around here). Lol and it's a good kind of crazy :p

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
20 hour flight home today woooohooooooooooo--> get me out of sh**sville

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Second day back in the books...17 hour shift, 16 calls, 2 strokes and a late call that we held the wall with. Feels good to be back though!

Still haven't had one of my trademark nutty arrests yet...maybe tomorrow for our third and final 16 of the week.

Then.....chukar hunting this weekend. Bring it you cackling *******s!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I think I'm getting to the age where Mt Dew gives me the shakes.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member

What kind of regional blocks are you doing and how do you guys become qualified to do that?