the 100% directionless thread

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
That is correct. 45 had the positive skin test out of 119 students tested. 11 out of the 45 have had x-rays that show they need further treatment.

Can you say what high school it is? I am assuming its in Riverside.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Well...
I started working on getting in shape in May, I figured since it's almost the new year, I'd share the stats
Weighed in at 238 when I started, cleared a mile in 14:26 (basically, couldn't keep up a jog around even the first bend on a track).
Weighed myself today at 182 and just did my first timed mile since then; clocked it at 7:52. Still need to shave about two minutes before I'm comfortable with my enlistment, but hey. That's why I gave myself buffer time by going to school first. I do feel like I can keep that pace up for quite a while longer, just can't push past that speed barrier.

Need to get in the swimming game a lot, too. Haven't been able to find a place to start that, that I can afford at least.
Another thing I need is to figure out how to maintain a balance between strength training and cardio training, too. Seems like whenever I focus too much on say training my legs, it feels like I'm not able to keep as good of a pace the next run day. Or vice versa.

Just thought I'd share. Felt tacky putting it on FB, so I refrained from that, but I wanted to.. Well, brag a bit :p

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Well...
I started working on getting in shape in May, I figured since it's almost the new year, I'd share the stats
Weighed in at 238 when I started, cleared a mile in 14:26 (basically, couldn't keep up a jog around even the first bend on a track).
Weighed myself today at 182 and just did my first timed mile since then; clocked it at 7:52. Still need to shave about two minutes before I'm comfortable with my enlistment, but hey. That's why I gave myself buffer time by going to school first. I do feel like I can keep that pace up for quite a while longer, just can't push past that speed barrier.

Need to get in the swimming game a lot, too. Haven't been able to find a place to start that, that I can afford at least.
Another thing I need is to figure out how to maintain a balance between strength training and cardio training, too. Seems like whenever I focus too much on say training my legs, it feels like I'm not able to keep as good of a pace the next run day. Or vice versa.

Just thought I'd share. Felt tacky putting it on FB, so I refrained from that, but I wanted to.. Well, brag a bit :p

Congrats!!!

And are you saying that FB is less tacky than here? (Hint: Think carefully before you answer.)
signadmin1.gif

Just kidding! And congrats again!

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Haha, didn't think of it that way. No, I just rarely post anymore and though that'd be a weird one to come back with.
And thank ya :)

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Just lost power at the house, and by the looks of it so did the rest of the neighborhood

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

Anjel

Forum Angel
:censored::censored::censored::censored: snow.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Que es "snow"...

SSwain

Forum Captain
12 hr shift tonight starting at 1800...then off the rest of the weekend.
I will be at the Packers Game Sunday...looks like it will be a snowy game.
That's cool, because I will be staying in Green Bay overnight. Don't feel like fighting traffic in 6-8" of snow with a majority of the travelers having been at the game possibly after having a few malty beverages.

This is forecast for Sunday....
map_specnews08_ltst_4namus_enus_320x180.jpg

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So my regular partner is leaving, therefore I'm being placed on swing coverage, so some days I'll start at 0500, others at 0630, yet others at 0700 changing day to day

Last edited by a moderator:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
12 hr shift tonight starting at 1800...then off the rest of the weekend.
I will be at the Packers Game Sunday...looks like it will be a snowy game.
That's cool, because I will be staying in Green Bay overnight. Don't feel like fighting traffic in 6-8" of snow with a majority of the travelers having been at the game possibly after having a few malty beverages.

This is forecast for Sunday....
map_specnews08_ltst_4namus_enus_320x180.jpg

Oh! I want to be in Milwaukee...

Anjel

Forum Angel

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Really now... How come when I was a kid, I never once thought it would be a good idea to throw a pumpkin at someone's car and smash their windshield in (i.e. mine)? To top it off, it was raining and it soaked the dash and none of my gauges are working now.
I am beyond pissed.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Just got my girlfriends favorite music group to leave a voicemail for her, gonna show it to her tonight! Thank you Glitch Mob ;)

Glucatron

Forum Crew Member
Glitch Mob is badass!

Well, nothing like finishing the day with a Bari transfer and meanwhile the city is status 0.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
The bar I'm at in DC tonight has 555 beers. Unreal! I'm like a kid in a candy store.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
So apparent I scared my third rider. I gave two ways to kill someone with just angios, a syringe, or a suction unit. From the top of my head.

The bar I'm at in DC tonight has 555 beers. Unreal! I'm like a kid in a candy store.

I have to visit there next time I'm in that area of the country. What's the name of the bar?