the 100% directionless thread

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I wasn't saying he didn't need to be intubated... I was saying with what I have... I wasn't doing it when he was stable and I was close.
I agree.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
vaheda8y.jpg

Looks like a bad call with all the ambulances, nope. It's just a video we are making for our Christmas party.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I understand the feeling... When I was kid I lost a friend around this time. I didn't realize how much it still affected me until a cardiac arrest call the other day.

My former girlfriend's birthday is NY Day... and it hits me how much I miss her every holiday season...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Breathing fine has nothing to do with it. I could not care less. Breathing or not.

It is airway patentcy that I am concerned about. He has a high potential of loosing that patent airway so fast, you couldn't even get your suction turned on. The man has a GCS of THREE. You probably aren't even going to need drugs, for one. Crash him, tubed in 2-3 minutes, at the ER within 5-6. With a solidly patent airway.

BLS airway has it's place, don't get me wrong. But in my opinion, this is an ALS airway patient.

Part of the reason that is my opinion is because I would get called up by QA/QI and asked why he didn't get a tube. And as previously stated, I am rather on the aggressive side of airway management.

Maybe I'm desensitized to gross intoxication from where I work but this patient would not be intubated here. Monitored in the ER until they were awake, alert and ambulatory and then kicked loose.

I'd probably lose my job if I came in with a drunk person intubated, especially if they were doing just fine with a NPA and supplemental o2.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
So, I looked outside a while ago and an engine from the local fd was driving by.
They decked that thing out with lights. Lights lining the top and bottom, all the storage bays, everything. It is pretty awesome..

JPINFV

Gadfly
34 degrees right now in Southern California? Poop just got real.

JPINFV

Gadfly
...and I was stupid enough to try and do laundry tonight. Walking across my apartment complex to the laundry room sucks.

Anjel

Forum Angel
It's 16 here. So shush

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Well... normally I can brag that it's warmer here. That's the only decent thing about Arizona... but 37 isn't so warm. Especially when your room doesn't have a heater -_-
It was 46 in my room when I got up this morning. It sucks.

Anjel

Forum Angel
You're not in So-Cal. We're frozen at 40.

I guess that's true lol it was 49 here last week and I was out in short sleeves.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
64 here in SC at 6am.

Forecast is for 76 and sunny.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Twelve degrees here. Supposed to get up to around thirty.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
28F here, but I don't feel it since I have a heater. :p

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
ze7uvu8u.jpg
I thought I lived in the desert where it's sunny and 75.

SSwain

Forum Captain
When I got in this morning, it was 3 degrees F
Now it's a balmy 12

Wednesday night I might have to break out my winter coat. They are talking -7 degrees F.

Hell, if it's above 40, I am in short sleeves and a wind breaker.