the 100% directionless thread

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Help! Which knife should I get?

Neither are whackerish enough! Where's the Maltese cross? Where's the massive blade with a thousand tools!

:p

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Neither are whackerish enough! Where's the Maltese cross? Where's the massive blade with a thousand tools!

I'm going on a firefighter gear shopping spree to motivate me to survive the next 16 weeks.

I bought an LED survivor light too :unsure:

41BKmF8vL6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief

Better? Only $12 too.

4184Eqobj1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Better? Only $12 too.

See, that's what I'm talking about :rofl:

But in all seriousness, I like the Assist (more expensive one) over the Rescue. I'm not really a knife guy, though.

Anjel

Forum Angel

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
See, that's what I'm talking about :rofl:

But in all seriousness, I like the Assist (more expensive one) over the Rescue. I'm not really a knife guy, though.

Assist = more parts that can potentially fail.

Spend a little more and get a Benchmade Triage :ph34r:

Anjel

Forum Angel
pumujuna.jpg

Hey guys, I found the emergency!!! It's this way!!

patzyboi

Forum Lieutenant
Random thread eh?

Speaking of random, I read/saw alot of creepy picture/stories.
I usually enjoy these kind of stuff. but What's seen cannot be unseen.

Story is in the old days, these kids would take a class picture. and to keep memories alive, when a child dies, tradition would be to take a class picture with the deceased child, so it'll be the last picture the parents can see of the child's body.

BRB no one going to read my post.
BRB SNS predominating for the next 30 minutes.
BRB going to study hospitals in my area.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Assist = more parts that can potentially fail.

Spend a little more and get a Benchmade Triage :ph34r:

Ohhh, you fancy, huh? :rofl:

That's one expensive (and friggin' cool) knife!

I was thinking about getting one of those cool looking hook strap cutters like this, but shears have worked ok for me thus far.

Next "big purchase" is probably gonna be an AEMT book, I think. Used ones are cheap, too!

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Ohhh, you fancy, huh? :rofl:

That's one expensive (and friggin' cool) knife!

I was thinking about getting one of those cool looking hook strap cutters like this, but shears have worked ok for me thus far.

Next "big purchase" is probably gonna be an AEMT book, I think. Used ones are cheap, too!

Actually, just getting the rescue hook is probably a good idea. I literally haven't used shears since I got the Triage, and I really use the hook waaaaaaaay more than the blade.

But yeah, education is more important than toys ;)

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Actually, just getting the rescue hook is probably a good idea. I literally haven't used shears since I got the Triage, and I really use the hook waaaaaaaay more than the blade.

But yeah, education is more important than toys ;)

I think I'll invest in a hook, it's pretty fairly priced (just about $30, if not less).

The problem is, education is so much more expensive, though, and it forces me to use my brain...

On a positive note, second semester starts soon -- and that means only one semester left of undergrad :cool:

Spyro2500

Forum Probie
NY Medic 828 - I couldn't reply direct to your earlier post as I am too new and the system won't let me but my husband who loves everything knives and guns says order the 55 dollar one as its easier to open and you won't be as upset if you lose it (he just ordered a Spyderco tenacious!)

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I'd highly recommend anything Benchmade. I have been absolutely thrilled with their outstanding products and amazing customer service.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Note to self. Be nice to dispatchers. Even if they are dumb breezies.

They will make your life hell.

Eff you dispatch.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I'd highly recommend anything Benchmade. I have been absolutely thrilled with their outstanding products and amazing customer service.

What've you purchased from them in the past?

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
Note to self. Be nice to dispatchers. Even if they are dumb breezies.

They will make your life hell.

Eff you dispatch.

We get plenty of hell too... But I try hard not to take it out on my crews. We just don't have a choice on who calls in, and from where.

Achilles

Forum Moron