the 100% directionless thread

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I have an interview with a Roush Performance parts distributor tomorrow :D So stoked. May not be EMS, but it isn't Subway, where I used to work, or no job, like right now. haha.
Doubtful they'll hire though, they want 2 years of customer service experience, which you were supposed to include in your resume, but I have none, so I just put my fast food jobs and the general "want to learn, hardworking, very interested in cars with a working knowledge of most car parts," type bs. Was actually really surprised they called, I'll be so happy if I get a job there :D

I'd take that job and go part time in EMS if the pay was good enough.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We may be getting Ativan and Fentanyl in the near future for the Medic scope.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
We may be getting Ativan and Fentanyl in the near future for the Medic scope.

What on earth do you have for controlling seizures? Or for PIM?

And what do you have for pain? Morphene?

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I'd take that job and go part time in EMS if the pay was good enough.

It's a part time position. I'm not sure I'll even be able to work, because of school hours. They want the person to work 8 hour shifts-3 or 4 days a week at $13. This is just for a customer service rep, though. All I'd be doing is tracking down parts to tell customers when they can expect them, they want them to track down original Shelby parts, etc...
I'm assuming they want a 9-5'er, but I don't get out of school until 11 :/
May talk to him and say I can drop an elective and my trig class, because I have enough credits, and that'll get me out at 9:15 or so. I don't know, but I'm hoping! haha
These guys in the auto business normally cut highschoolers some slack with hours, if they think they're worth it/ hardworking.
Edit: And to Med, thank you very much for the good luck wish, haha. I'm thinking I'll need it :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel
ymusu8up.jpg

My work wifey sewing my jacket.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
It was someone begging for people go donate their kidney if their blood type is B- for their friend.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
screenshots are your friend. It's removed now.

Shorry :blush: Didn't realize ads were against the rules. Also, don't know how to take screen shots.
Aprz: I know, it's just odd to stumble on to an ad that says "type b kidney needed."
I get the good intentions, but to go to cl for that? I dunno, but I'm not sure I know of anyone that would agree to give a stranger their kidney, because they saw an ad...

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
Shorry :blush: Didn't realize ads were against the rules. Also, don't know how to take screen shots.
Aprz: I know, it's just odd to stumble on to an ad that says "type b kidney needed."
I get the good intentions, but to go to cl for that? I dunno, but I'm not sure I know of anyone that would agree to give a stranger their kidney, because they saw an ad...

Not against EMTLife rules. Craigslist took down the posting.

JPINFV

Gadfly
There's nothing more beautiful than a blackjack table with 6 people playing Basic Strategy. Of course it does help that I'm now up about $150 this week between blackjack and roulette.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

Anjel

Forum Angel

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Not against EMTLife rules. Craigslist took down the posting.

Then I retract my previous statement ha
Hmm... It's still working for me...
But... I still don't know how to screen shot so :lol:
I've been lurking around on it now though and a lot of people have postings like that. I've found 3 so far. I wonder if there's actually people that would do that...? I've never heard of such a thing.
Maybe my whole last post was wrong. ha.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Then I retract my previous statement ha
Hmm... It's still working for me...
But... I still don't know how to screen shot so :lol:
I've been lurking around on it now though and a lot of people have postings like that. I've found 3 so far. I wonder if there's actually people that would do that...? I've never heard of such a thing.
Maybe my whole last post was wrong. ha.
Yeah, I was trying to suggest that you take a screenshot next time. If it's that cringe-worthy, it often won't last long. It's a neat skill to learn, but depends on your OS.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Sadly the male to female ratio is not in the males favor

My EMT class was almost all female.. 4 guys, 16 girls. I figured that was the norm.
Even when we combined our hs class with the adult classes it was nearly all female, considerably more males in the adult, but still skewed to the females.