the 100% directionless thread

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
I was taught 220-age as well.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
That puts my max HR at 187, and I regularly get to 180 and can talk in groups of words. I wouldn't call them sentences, but 3-5 minutes at absolutely max effort feels really good sometimes.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
That puts my max HR at 187, and I regularly get to 180 and can talk in groups of words. I wouldn't call them sentences, but 3-5 minutes at absolutely max effort feels really good sometimes.

I don't think my heart has ever gone that fast in my life, maybe, but I severely doubt it. My resting HR is somewhere in the 60s. We are taught that 220-age is the theoretical maximum only.

Well I think I spoke too soon about feeling better, the cramps and upset tummy are back, I am not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination and would love to go back to bed, hopefully is will be um, q....not busy today? I got told off several times for saying the "q" word last week.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
There is far far too much EMS talk going on in here...

So I just wanted to tell everyone how happy I am that the gubmint took 53.1% of my Christmas bonus :deadhorse:

better than nothing.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
better than nothing.

True that. The stupid Government here goes on about how they lowered the personal tax rate (which they did by like 2% or something, it was so long ago I can't remember) and then they immediately increased GST (sales tax) by 2.5% to 15%. They generally keep going from one scandal, fiasco or stuff up to another and thank goodness it's only another year then we can get rid of them.

A little bit of credit to them for increasing funding for the ambulance service; although that was really just lip service because it was less than what costs rose by and far below what is required to achieve a reasonable level of service.

Now my blood is all angry and its only 7.45 in the morning! Thanks a lot random internet forum! :)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
A99zzR7CMAAkZEn.jpg:large

Well, that's one way to decorate a tree. I like the star at the top. :).

Taken from @HyattsvilleVFD

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Can anyone tell me HOW adenocard works?

I've searched multiple times in the last year and never get results.

I know what it does, but I want to know how and why it happens...

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Adenosine is for chumps, morphine is where it's at, my counterparts from New Lynn have just topped me up to 8 mg IV and now we are enroute to ACH.

I made it halfway down the stairs and was going to go to the doctor but quickly gave up on that idea so I guess my cramps and pain finally got the better of me, that is what you get for being medically qualified and putting off going to the doctor until it's really bad.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Adenosine is for chumps, morphine is where it's at, my counterparts from New Lynn have just topped me up to 8 mg IV and now we are enroute to ACH.

I made it halfway down the stairs and was going to go to the doctor but quickly gave up on that idea so I guess my cramps and pain finally got the better of me, that is what you get for being medically qualified and putting off going to the doctor until it's really bad.

Dilaudid is where it's at.

Feel better.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
You do realize that those not only are two different drugs, the are in two vastly different classes, don't you? ;-)

And get to feeling better too!

Push enough Adenosine and you won't feel a thing :blink:

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Appendectomy, NOT the word I want to hear right now

Sounds about right for extreme abdominal pain...

Tough luck...

Atleast it can't happen again :D