the 100% directionless thread

Did this person happen to be a radio host? If it is the person I'm thinking of, it is close to where I live and the story is really fishy.

You guys sparked my interest. That's a real odd story...

BBG,
Since you work(ed) on a plane. Where do they keep all of the Medical gear. (Iv's, drugs, airways, and other acls gear)? Oh and AED?

It's in a overhead bin with all the other emergency gear.

So does every flight have someone at the ACLS level?

No. The emergency medical kit is there for trained providers that happen to be on the flight. I understand that in the case of a severe medical emergency, some flight attendants are permitted to open the case when they're on the radio with med control.

No. The emergency medical kit is there for trained providers that happen to be on the flight. I understand that in the case of a severe medical emergency, some flight attendants are permitted to open the case when they're on the radio with med control.

Then why not include a Intubation kit?

I know what an intubation kit is for, thanks.

My point is, if you're thinking about tubing someone on a plane, you've got bigger problems. :/

If the situation is serious enough that the patient needs to be intubated, things will likely be going downhill faster than it takes the plane to land anyway.

If the situation is serious enough that the patient needs to be intubated, things will likely be going downhill faster than it takes the plane to land anyway.

Reminds me of the "zombie apocalypse" med packs people put together that had things like intubation and surgical airway kits. I always wanted to ask "and what ICU are you taking this patient you've taken over their airway to..."

I know what an intubation kit is for, thanks.

Perhaps next time you should be more clear then. As opposed to a one word statement.
nod.gif

Then why not include a Intubation kit?
Given that most people who are technically able to intubate (I'm including more than just paramedics here) probably shouldn't be...and the true need for intubation on a plane would be very, very low...why would you include an intubation kit?

yrureper.jpg

Gotta love freestyle shows at a motorcycle dealership's grand opening.

Given that most people who are technically able to intubate (I'm including more than just paramedics here) probably shouldn't be...and the true need for intubation on a plane would be very, very low...why would you include an intubation kit?

Peanut allergy :)

Back