the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Is it appropriate to say porcelain throne on a PCR. As in "the patient was found in his bathroom vomiting into the porcelain throne"?

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I need a vacation before I have a nervous breakdown.

Today, while driving to a call (no code) I scared the crap out of my partner when I got startled and gasped and jumped in my seat.

The problem is nothing startled me. I have no idea why that happened, so I must conclude I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown. :wacko:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
V-A-C-A-TION,,,,vacation vacation, you need one again.

mycrofft

How many people think Greg House should have gotten with 13?

I always remember the gaze of respect and admiration he gave her after she demoed the potato gun into the vehicle window.
(The "before" shot...)

tumblr_liw0iagvE51qdqoy0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I always remember the gaze of respect and admiration he gave her after she demoed the potato gun into the vehicle window.
(The "before" shot...)

tumblr_liw0iagvE51qdqoy0.jpg

She was Maxim's #1 a couple years back.

House blew that one. :rofl:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
This sucks. Finally have a slow night where I can sleep, and I'm wide freakin' awake... Figures... :glare:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
One time I got off shift real late and I was tired, I went to bed, and I started to hiccup. I was so mad. Wouldn't go away for like half an hour, happened about every 10 seconds.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I'm horrible. Watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse this morning with my kids. A "pretend doctor sticker" was mentioned. My first thought? "She must be a DNP candidate"

:D:D:D

Sasha

Forum Chief
I need a vacation before I have a nervous breakdown.

Today, while driving to a call (no code) I scared the crap out of my partner when I got startled and gasped and jumped in my seat.

The problem is nothing startled me. I have no idea why that happened, so I must conclude I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown. :wacko:

It's okay wifey. A lint ball scared me this morning. I thought it was a gigantic killer spider.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
It's okay wifey. A lint ball scared me this morning. I thought it was a gigantic killer spider.

Something must be going around, I got woken up for a call after being asleep for only 45 minutes and I was shaking in my boots over a dream that literally had something to do with puppies and kittens.

It was intense.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Doing a ride with my old partner at a rural medic station.

On since 0800 and not a single call, we're actively trying to summon one through all known methods.

We've tried making coffee, making lunch, sleeping (not together), working out, and loudly using the S and Q words. Nothing is working.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Is it appropriate to say porcelain throne on a PCR. As in "the patient was found in his bathroom vomiting into the porcelain throne"?

I think you can say "praying to the porcelain gods"

Joe

Forum Captain
Doing a ride with my old partner at a rural medic station.

On since 0800 and not a single call, we're actively trying to summon one through all known methods.

We've tried making coffee, making lunch, sleeping (not together), working out, and loudly using the S and Q words. Nothing is working.

Your last course of action is to invite a friend over to station. That will get you a call for sure!

adamjh3

First major Trauma of my ride outs.

ATV rollover, 1.5 hours to a level one trauma center, no birds available. I had a hard time telling if it was me or my patient that pooped.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
First major Trauma of my ride outs.

ATV rollover, 1.5 hours to a level one trauma center, no birds available. I had a hard time telling if it was me or my patient that pooped.

Sounds like your summoning worked.

We had a BS trauma today. For some reason I don't ever get bad traumas, isolated extremities every now and again but mostly acute medical patients or arrests.

Last edited by a moderator:

mycrofft

Daughter graduated college and moved back in tonight. Now we have two or three of everything in the kitchen.

adamjh3

Sounds like your summoning worked.

We had a BS trauma today. For some reason I don't ever get bad traumas, isolated extremities every now and again but mostly acute medical patients or arrests.

Yup, this one was weird, too. We kept getting pressures in the high sixties and low seventies, (both auto and manual, auscultated and palpated by the medic and myself) all the way into the hospital. there were really no signs of hemorrhage anywhere, the patient was mentating fine, other than feeling sleepy, Her pulse never went above 80, and her skins were fine other than being slightly cool.

Of course when we get to the hospital they're pulling BPs in the 110s.

On the nuero side, everything checked out other than her right foot being mostly numb, but I'm pretty sure that was because of the tib-fib Fx. No overt signs of head injury or myocardial injury.

Even the medic I was with who has been doing this for 20+ years was puzzled.