the 100% directionless thread

I haz rum. Come over!

A little of a drive for me... but I can be there by 1 am tomarrow... leave a light on for me... :P

Are you gonna card me if I show??

Judgin by the fact if I get carded i'd get it taken away... No! But we don't talk about that here. riiiiiiiiight

Judgin by the fact if I get carded i'd get it taken away... No! But we don't talk about that here. riiiiiiiiight

Haven't been carded in several years.

When people tried to guess my age before the moustache (and later a goatee) people thought I was 15, 16, maybe 17 (mind you, I was 23 or 24). After the facial hair, people suddenly guess my age at 34.

Haven't been carded in several years.

When people tried to guess my age before the moustache (and later a goatee) people thought I was 15, 16, maybe 17 (mind you, I was 23 or 24). After the facial hair, people suddenly guess my age at 34.

I'm guessing I look older than I am: The hostess tried to sit my girl and I in the bar yesterday. (Have to be 21 to sit in the bar in IN) Then when the waiter came he dropped a drink menu in front of us and tried to convince us to buy yada yada. Mind you we are both 18.

I hate October and November...

Too cold to do much...

Enough light to want to do stuff...

Rain and Wind...

Too many idiot drivers that have not driven in bad weather in 7 months...

Historically low call volumes in my area...

And there is NOTHING on TV or the Net at all interesting...

Oh... and 26 y/o is way too young to become a raging alcoholic... :P

Gah, I hate waking up at 5am for clinicals.

Hehe... I hate waking up at 6:30 for a "quiz" worth 20% of my grade. Especially when the midterms always start at 9:30am instead of 8am.

Night of endless vomit last night. Several calls with it all over the scene, topped off by a vomit-drenched pt who was very determined to give everyone on scene a hug...

I have nothing to say. Just posting in an effort to hit 1000 posts and prove that I too have no life... ^_^

They didn't happen to be drunk did they?

I resent the accusation. I was not drunk… I am just affectionate with a case of the gastrointestinal discomfort… :blush:

I was in a motorcycle wreck when I was a medic. Hit a VW bug at 70MPH, ended up 116 feet from the point of impact. Helmet on, unconscious for a couple minutes. Someone called the ambulance, different area than mine, but co-workers, I told them, "Scoop me, get me on the gurney, check for bleeding, take my BP and get me to the hospital. Otherwise do not touch me."

And that's what they did.

I think, even today, as long as I am conscious I will not let ANYONE touch me in an emergency without my specific consent.

I think, even today, as long as I am conscious I will not let ANYONE touch me in an emergency without my specific consent.

Why not?

Personally, if it's an emergency, I don't mind... although there are a few certain things I won't allow.

Ummmm... because it is the law! Every conscious patient over the age of 17 must provide consent before anyone can provide aid. I believe they are still teaching that in the first 4 hours of every MFR/EMT class... and even in Lay First Aid.

Like firetender, I too would like to approve the care being given to me. That is my right.

although there are a few certain things I won't allow.

Care to elaborate? ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummmm... because it is the law! Every conscious patient over the age of 17 must provide consent before anyone can provide aid. I believe they are still teaching that in the first 4 hours of every MFR/EMT class... and even in Lay First Aid.

That's true--I read the post too quickly, and it seemed like he was saying he wouldn't accept treatment beyond that in general.

Care to elaborate? ^_^

Even if I'm injured, I wouldn't allow certain coworkers to strip and flip. I won't accept an NRB unless I'm actually having trouble breathing--I hate stuff on my face. And I'm going to insist on seeing the label on every drug that comes near me, because I have some bad allergies.

Back