Test advice for Mercy Air

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Does the new test tell you instantly?
When I did mine it was pass/fail, they didn’t give you a score.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Does the new test tell you instantly?
When I did mine it was pass/fail, they didn’t give you a score.
You don’t find out immediately. The test will just stop and say thank you for taking the test and you will hear from someone shortly. Could take a couple of days/weeks/months. I believe the test is good for 6 months.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
You don’t find out immediately. The test will just stop and say thank you for taking the test and you will hear from someone shortly. Could take a couple of days/weeks/months. I believe the test is good for 6 months.
Oh man, that’s terrible!

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
On the subject of driving, I first hired on as a float. I was officially assigned to a base in a neighboring state that was 75 minutes from my house, but I spent half my time at an base in my home state about 15 minutes from my house.

I would have went to the base that had the first opening, just so happened it was the one in my state.

I didnt realize how much the drive was wearing on me till it started getting close to my last day at the further base.

Both bases have pretty long legs, usually 45 minutes to an hour to the Level 1 hospitals. Do 4 or 5 of those in a shift and that drive home gets even longer.

OP
OP
C

CTMD

Forum Crew Member
So I passed the written test, phone interview and am shipping off to Denver for the in-person interview! Any advice on what the in-person interview entails and how to prepare for it?

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
So I passed the written test, phone interview and am shipping off to Denver for the in-person interview! Any advice on what the in-person interview entails and how to prepare for it?

The centralized interviews and hiring is a new process. Unfortunately there isn't any input from your actual base or regional management. Likely generic interview and experience questions

OP
OP
C

CTMD

Forum Crew Member
The centralized interviews and hiring is a new process. Unfortunately there isn't any input from your actual base or regional management. Likely generic interview and experience questions
Interesting. So is there a skills portion or patient assessment component that goes with it?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Interesting. So is there a skills portion or patient assessment component that goes with it?
There used to be a patient assessment portion however with this new change in process, a lot of people don’t know anymore.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
They are doing usual panel interview questions in addition to a few scenarios with an education manager and someone else. It all moved to Denver but still similar to before.

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
I know this is dated but what was the conclusion to this? how did the Denver portion go?