Starting P90x ... i remain confident that we can finish the 90 days.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Cool! Post your updates when you have them. I'm thinking about it, my wife bought the DVDs and they've been sitting in the box.

That_Guy

Forum Crew Member
P90X, well, firegrounds.com and crossfit are two workout programs I've been told are relatively "better"

P90X, problem with that, is it has no maintenance phase. The whole 90 days, once it's over, your "maintenance" is restarting from day 1 vs multiple other workout programs that can last anywhere from 120 days, (per level) to 365 day workout programs (like crossfit, no two days are ever the same)

And just be careful about the dieting stuff, if it's really high on that protien shake garbage (no offense to anyone else) it's going to do you no good. (protein shakes have been found to be less productive, not in muscle growth, but in the fact your body becomes incredibly dependent on that "boost" of protein over time to maintain musclemass, vs not taking protein and building the muscle naturally. ) and also, one good dietary plan.

forget about the deep fried foods, and breaded meats. It helps. I lost 4% body fat just by cutting those out of my meals.

Good luck though, no doubt in my mind P90X works, but it's after the 90 days, which is where you'll be stumped. Will you restart again from day 1? Or will you look into another program? Or will you just allow your body to return to it's normal state after those 90 days? Those are the questions going through my mind, that's the milestone.

Good luck.

That_Guy

Forum Crew Member
Cool! Post your updates when you have them. I'm thinking about it, my wife bought the DVDs and they've been sitting in the box.

Just do them, you have the workouts. (not getting under your skin or nothing, don't get me wrong)

You have P90X already, just do the workouts, stick to them (even add to them if you like, just don't over-train) and you'll have results without a doubt. If you stick to it that is.

But as I said to the OP, after the 90 days, what decision will you make?

OP
OP
8jimi8

8jimi8

CFRN
at that point hopefully i will do a variation of the workout. It'll be nice and cool here. climbing season is coming up.

That_Guy

Forum Crew Member
at that point hopefully i will do a variation of the workout. It'll be nice and cool here. climbing season is coming up.

I'm just letting you know, I'm not making fun of you, or calling you out, or anything like that.

I was just pointing the 90 day thing out. P90X does in fact, work. No questions at all about it.

But I was just pointing the milestone out. P90X is a great program, but has that one flaw, unlike firegrounds, crossfit, etc. Once the 90 days are up, only recourse is to restart from day one. Or else you'll just return your body back to go, and don't collect $200. (figuratively)

Lots of people I know who've finished P90X, go straight to firegrounds, and/or crossfit right after. Different tempo, and sometimes even higher tempos depending how hard you push yourself.

after 90 days, you'll be L3 on firegrounds, and for crossfit, you'll be right on par.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
8jimi8

8jimi8

CFRN
oh man this is definitely about the lifestyle change from sedentary student to a person who has 4 days off a week to start enjoying life again.

Don't get me wrong, i'm still continuing the education, but you have gotta believe me, i was so much fit before i became a full time student.

That_Guy

Forum Crew Member
oh man this is definitely about the lifestyle change from sedentary student to a person who has 4 days off a week to start enjoying life again.

Don't get me wrong, i'm still continuing the education, but you have gotta believe me, i was so much fit before i became a full time student.

I know how that works, just gotta find "That one routine" that suits you while you've got "free time"

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Lots of people I know who've finished P90X, go straight to firegrounds, and/or crossfit right after. Different tempo, and sometimes even higher tempos depending how hard you push yourself.

after 90 days, you'll be L3 on firegrounds, and for crossfit, you'll be right on par.

What is firegrounds? I was searching and can't find it.

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
I'm doing the Power 90 right now then I might go to the P90X

newguy

Forum Probie
p90x

Hey P90X is great, i lost about 38 pounds from doing the program once a day w/ cardio. crazy thing is...i stopped using supplements so most of it was water weight that i lost. i ate whatever the heck i wanted...i had ice cream every other night. i didn't run far about 3 miles everyday, and 6 to 8 miles on Yoga days. i'm about to start my second round when i get back from iraq (which is in a couple of days.)

i wonder how my endurance will be once i start swimming and doing P90X w/ cardio everyday...

EchoMikeTango

Forum Crew Member
wonder how my endurance will be once i start swimming and doing P90X w/ cardio everyday...

I wouldent do an extreme amount of cardio every day. I am also a certified persoanl trainer. Swimming is GREAT cardio, but remember that you need to rest as well. you wouldent run a car a full speed every time you drove it. give your body a break.

but at least you have goals. that is the most important thing

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
I am having great results with P90X. I don't always get the full hour..... sometimes I only get about 35-45 minutes. Mainly due to work and other training. I have my class on Mon/Thurs then I train in BJJ on Tuesdays then I teach private Kali lessons on Weds/Sat so usually I get up early to get my P90X in.

It makes for some really long days. I can tell you at 40 I am in awesome shape. Largely due to this program.

I can only imagine where I would be if I could stick to a good diet and get the full hour. :p