Self Defense for EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatJeffguy

Forum Lieutenant
I do IFts in Newark and other NJ gang infested towns delivering people home to projects with drugs and gangs. No PD present. I don't need a gun

So, let me make sure I understand your point here;

Newark NJ, ranked the 22nd most dangerous city in America, in gang and drug infested neighborhoods, is the place you DONT need a gun? Where WOULD you justify carrying a gun, then?

Again, ignorance and apathy. A shame that people in NJ have to rely on such idiocy.

Of course, if we all were able to look at trends here, we'd see one.... area's where concealed carry is permitted has LESS Crime. So, if ambulances permitted CCW, then, statistically, wouldn't they experience less crime? Oh! I'm sorry for that hoplophobes, reason and ration have no place in this emotionally charged monologue of yours!

reaper

Working Bum
Well since you are wanting to read CWP laws, Here you go:

SECTION 23-31-220. Right to allow or permit concealed weapons upon premises; signs.

Nothing contained in this article shall in any way be construed to limit, diminish, or otherwise infringe upon:

(1) the right of a public or private employer to prohibit a person who is licensed under this article from carrying a concealable weapon upon the premises of the business or work place or while using any machinery, vehicle, or equipment owned or operated by the business;

(2) the right of a private property owner or person in legal possession or control to allow or prohibit the carrying of a concealable weapon upon his premises.

The posting by the employer, owner, or person in legal possession or control of a sign stating “No Concealable Weapons Allowed” shall constitute notice to a person holding a permit issued pursuant to this article that the employer, owner, or person in legal possession or control requests that concealable weapons not be brought upon the premises or into the work place. A person who brings a concealable weapon onto the premises or work place in violation of the provisions of this paragraph may be charged with a violation of Section 16-11-620. In addition to the penalties provided in Section 16-11-620, a person convicted of a second or subsequent violation of the provisions of this paragraph must have his permit revoked for a period of one year. The prohibition contained in this section does not apply to persons specified in Section 16-23-20, item (1).

VentMedic

Forum Chief
Oh? Shes gone through and answered the questions that I've asked in relation to her posts? Need I go through, as I've already done with you, and show the posts she's not responded to?

Also, flipping a comment back around was great in third grade. However, when I respond, point by point, to each comment made, every comment in every post, clearly I'm not lacking "critical thinking skills". You might disagree, but you can at least see that I respond to all questions that come up, rather than glossing overthem.

As I said, it's OK though. I understand not everyone has the capacity for debate, discussion or critical thought. I suppose our schools are to blame, somewhat, though some here seem to have done well.

Most of your questions were just too ridiculous to waste time on. I do not see what military experience has to do with whether an EMT should carry a weapon. We are not talking about joining the Army.

I am a Paramedic and consider myself to be a MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL. I am not on the job to take a life but rather to save one. As a Paramedic I am in partnership with others in Public Safety including FFs and LEOs to work as a team to provide scene safety for other EMS providers, the patient and the public.

I do not want to promote my image as a Medical Professional as one who totes a gun while telling future gang members about the dangers of weapons. I do not want to be seen as the aggressor when I am there to help someone who is ill or injured. However with a gun in one's hand that might be difficult to do. I want no one to be conflicted about the job I am there to do. I also do not want to become a target because of the gun. If you openly brag about your gun to others with the same statements you have made on this forum, you may put REAL EMTs in danger.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Most of your questions were just too ridiculous to waste time on. I do not see what military experience has to do with whether an EMT should carry a weapon. We are not talking about joining the Army.

I am a Paramedic and consider myself to be a MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL. I am not on the job to take a life but rather to save one. As a Paramedic I am in partnership with others in Public Safety including FFs and LEOs to work as a team to provide scene safety for other EMS providers, the patient and the public.

I do not want to promote my image as a Medical Professional as one who totes a gun while telling future gang members about the dangers of weapons. I do not want to be seen as the aggressor when I am there to help someone who is ill or injured. However with a gun in one's hand that might be difficult to do. I want no one to be conflicted about the job I am there to do. I also do not want to become a target because of the gun. If you openly brag about your gun to others with the same statements you have made on this forum, you may put REAL EMTs in danger.

Case closed.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
As I said, it's OK though. I understand not everyone has the capacity for debate, discussion or critical thought. I suppose our schools are to blame, somewhat, though some here seem to have done well.

You lack any ability to present an argument of intelligence. YOU are at fault for that.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Newark NJ, ranked the 22nd most dangerous city in America, in gang and drug infested neighborhoods, is the place you DONT need a gun? Where WOULD you justify carrying a gun, then?
I do not justify having a gun. Thats the point! I don't need one to keep safe! I have learned how to deal with dangerous situations without need to get into a shootout!

Again, ignorance and apathy. A shame that people in NJ have to rely on such idiocy.
You have never been to New Jersey have you?

Of course, if we all were able to look at trends here, we'd see one.... area's where concealed carry is permitted has LESS Crime.
This does not in any way indicates EMS should or should not have guns in any capacity. Newark's crime rate has little to do with concealed weapons but many factors.

So, if ambulances permitted CCW, then, statistically, wouldn't they experience less crime?
I have never been on an ambulance with a crime statisitic or a gun.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Well, I'd say it's time for this thread to take a 24 hour nap.

lock.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.