seeing yourself on the news

mikeN

Forum Lieutenant
on-scene. always fun. Not only does a van roll over, but it was full of children. No major injuries.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Fun isn't it? :rolleyes: The camera always seems to hit you just as you have the dorkiest expression or are bending over. The last time I was physically in the news it was a photo of me at the end of a 24 hour mission, no sleep, and glazed over expression. It was originally taken for the local paper, but the photot was briefly shown on FOX News that night... kinda cool... but man did I look wasted... :p

The time before that my back was to the camera and I had my hand on my hip in a very teenage girl sort of way... not cool... then they showed me again as I was putting on my harness for a rappel... the image as I tugged and pulled to snug the harness... not pretty... any of you that climb or do rope rescue know what I mean...

Last edited by a moderator:

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Fun isn't it? :rolleyes: The camera always seems to hit you just as you have the dorkiest expression or are bending over. The last time I was physically in the news it was a photo of me at the end of a 24 hour mission, no sleep, and glazed over expression. It was originally taken for the local paper, but the photot was briefly shown on FOX News that night... kinda cool... but man did I look wasted... :p

The time before that my back was to the camera and I had my hand on my hip in a very teenage girl sort of way... not cool... then they showed me again as I was putting on my harness for a rappel... the image as I tugged and pulled to snug the harness... not pretty... any of you that climb or do rope rescue know what I mean...

LOL!!! yeah I know what you mean.
Erase mental picture of mountain Q, erase mental picture...............:p

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I've been on the news... but unless you knew it was me...

WarDance

Forum Lieutenant
The last time I was in the news I was applying for a job I didn't get. It was an article about how bad the economy was (the job fair I was at has 3 employers).

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Here, if you're lucky (or unlucky) enough to appear on the TV, it means you buy ice cream for the crew. ;)

...and it better be the good stuff.

10ddpp08.jpg

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
First time I made the paper was a rollover. Big guy, no injuries at all or medical history. Took him in for precations due to the mechanism (IE his car was JACKED). I had my picture taken while I was standing over the patient. I had just walked up and was taking a moment to assess everything. Literally for 5 seconds, the picture was snapped right before I started to work and help the fire guys. But my supervisor brought the paper in and said I looked like I had my thumb up my butt while the fire guys did all the work. <_<

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Mike, would that accident happen to have been in Watertown?

Indeed, it is nice (although always unflattering) to be seen in the news for work in EMS. All too often, unfortunately, our actions are skewed by naive reporters... I am not looking for credit or validation, just accurate facts.

zmedic

Forum Captain
We used to have to bring in ice cream when we were in the paper. Here's me from a few years ago. I'm on the right. And yes, I got a lot of comments on that my partner's butt looked better.

front.jpg

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
i always was told if you're seen on the news then that means you buy steak for the whole shift. Ice cream was for if you popped a curb while driving.

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
Holy crap, Ice cream for popping a curb? I might as well just bring in a five gallon bucket for the month.

piranah

Forum Captain
i was in the paper while strapping a LBB pt to the stretcher after a car vs. motorbike....needless to say motorbike didnt win...my captain actually called me to tell me and said i made us look "professional"...i was surprised to find me in the paper....dead sexy i might add..jk..(I'm sorry i had to lol)

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
We used to have to bring in ice cream when we were in the paper. Here's me from a few years ago. I'm on the right. And yes, I got a lot of comments on that my partner's butt looked better.

And the cop holding the IV bag looks like he's thinking, "We shoulda just shot him."

WarDance

Forum Lieutenant

Your partner has quite the butt!

CollegeBoy

Forum Lieutenant
I'm finding more humor in the headline below the picture
Music, Booze & Mud
I don't know what they're talking about, but whatever it is I can imagine it involving the cops and an ambulance by the time it's over

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
I'm finding more humor in the headline below the picture

I don't know what they're talking about, but whatever it is I can imagine it involving the cops and an ambulance by the time it's over

It might have been one heck of a good time, though!