seeing yourself on the news

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
i run from the camera, I'm there to help save a life not be a rock star.

Out of thousands of EMS scenes that I've photographed for news, magazines and book publications, I have yet to see a medic flee from my lens. It's best to stay focused on patient care and not be concerned if you will wind up in the news.

OrlandoRMAMedic

Forum Crew Member
11/6/09... the first time I ever saw myself on TV. (pics attached)

The only reason I actually got to watch the video unfold as it was aired - I injured myself on that call. While moving our pt to the hospital stretcher, I was the short girl at the tall end of the stretcher... grade II a/c shoulder separation. 6 weeks of absolute boredom (except for when I was in PT)

The first time I was on TV I was working nights. It was for a vehicle vs building. I was using the LT's Maglite to look into the building for a victim, for which there was none. I didn't know that there was a freelance camera man on scene until the next morning. I was turning in my radios and stuff and one of our "old timers" looks at me, says "turn around". I turn around and she says "Yup, that was your a$$ I saw on TV this morning". I will never forget that for as long as I live.

(edited cuz I can't spell after the Restoril is flowing through the veins)

Attachments

• Breaking News3.jpg
    Breaking News3.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 166
  • me and robert2 retouch.jpg
    me and robert2 retouch.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 157
  • Shooting in Orlando retouch.jpg
    Shooting in Orlando retouch.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 171
Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Grr... I've been in a few pictures that my school's been using to publicize our new building.

http://www.westernu.edu/bin/news/video/hec_opening/index.html

Picture 1 and 25 and picture 1 is everywhere on the website.

Here's a picture that's been making the rounds in the papers. Second row from the back on the left...
20100104_113906_a1.jpg

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Here, if you're lucky (or unlucky) enough to appear on the TV, it means you buy ice cream for the crew. ;)

...and it better be the good stuff.

10ddpp08.jpg

Amen brother......amen. Preach it!

Those of us from the Northwest know what good ice cream is. Do I hear and amen from the northwesterners?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yea, have not made the news for anything EMS related yet. Last time I was though, someone got a lovely shot of me yelling my head off right after my football team won the state championship. Absolutly lovely picture. Makes me run now every time a reporter or cameraman is anywhere near. With luck, I can avoid the press while on scene. (Or did I just jinx myself?)

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
It ssems your always caught in some compromising position. I use stealh mode when I see the news trucks. :ph34r: