Rural Metro PNW, ATS driver?

waaaemt

Forum Lieutenant
Does anyone have any info on this job? What's scheduling for FTE like? Is it a good foot in the door to get moved up to EMT? (Yes I am an EMT)

OP
OP
W

waaaemt

Forum Lieutenant
It's just a wheelchair van type thing

OP
OP
W

waaaemt

Forum Lieutenant
maybe for some states but the one in washington only requires CPR, first aid. EMT cert is just a plus. But i was wondering if anyone here has done this type of thing and if they kind of shifts typically are worked

EMTSTUDENT25

Forum Lieutenant
ATS- alternative transport services...intended for PT's that do not meet ambulance medical necessity...no care, treatment, or monitoring during transport. Also, usually only PT's that can self regulate their o2. I guess RMA in your area hires crews just to do this type of transport? In my area we sub contract ATS calls out to a non emergency transport company. If it. Gets your foot in the door then do it man!

OP
OP
W

waaaemt

Forum Lieutenant
ooh that's what that stands for! yeah i just need to get my foot baaack in the door.. we'll see what happens. i'm on the register for RMA's emt position too cause i couldn't make the hiring test because of school..

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Check with trimed. They are always hiring for emt positions. And now is the season.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Our wheel chair vans work 5 8 hr shifts a week. M-F no weekends or holidays. And make 8 bucks an hour. Super easy shift.

I get stuck on one when I don't have a partner.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Our wheel chair vans work 5 8 hr shifts a week. M-F no weekends or holidays. And make 8 bucks an hour. Super easy shift.

I get stuck on one when I don't have a partner.

Ooh boy I think that they get worked harder than we do. They're always being asked to stay late and they get no break between calls. Plus they're alone all day (you can't count on patients to be good company haha).

I got "trained" to use one, but I have never actually done a shift alone. Did a two person chair car one day for a few bariatric patients.