Katie Barron

Forum Ride Along
Hello! So, this story may be a little confusing, so just bear with me. And hopefully I am posting this in the correct thread... If not, my bad.

So, I am an Ohio paramedic. I do not have NR, due to my program losing it's accreditation right before my class graduated. I have recently relocated to Indianapolis for an RN job, but am missing being a medic and am curious if there is a way for me to still do EMS here. Question #1: Can I obtain an Indiana card without NR? Question #2: Is there any way for me to get a NR cert in the future? When I first graduated a few years ago, I called NR and they told me there wasn't anything I could do about getting my NR cert. They basically said my class drew the short end of the stick and there was nothing we could do. No challenging the test, blah blah... nothing. I have heard others stating I may be able to take a refresher course to get NR? Not sure if that is true. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Getting NR is easy, go to NREMT.org and find out where there is a test coming up: take written (computer) and practical, along with your Ohio cert pass them and you should get NREMT after paying the fees.
To get Indiana, apply somewhere, take a letter to State, with your NR-EMT card, and pay the fees (or mail them); at least that is the way it was 10 years ago. Before I moved out of Indiana.