Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

LincNebr

Forum Probie
before I started my class I volunteered to help be a mock pt. for the NREMT exam to kinda of give me a little heads up on what to expect. i think it really helped QUOTE]

I think that's a smart idea. In fact, unlike most here, my EMT license is not used to save people but just as a work pre-requisite. So now, to try and slow down the rapid loss of what I learned in class, I go back to the school and act as a patient whenever I can.

What I really enjoy is the camaraderie and feeling like I am a part of a team.

Tom in Lincoln

spisco85

Forum Lieutenant
Mid 70's and then I thought I failed. I took the test on a Saturday so had to wait till Monday for the results. Luckily I passed.

jmason

Forum Ride Along
I took the EMT-B test and I think I had between 69 and 71 questions. I took it on Sat so I guess I have to wait untill Monday to see if i passed or failed. <_<

Noctis Lucis Caelum

Forum Lieutenant
64's, and completely stun when it said "Test is Over"
Had another guy in the same class but was in the night class take it as well.
We both stopped at 60's, no idea yet....kinda sad :sad:

ammdancer1

Forum Ride Along
I just got my results after taking the EMT-B exam this morning at 8am.
I'm not exactly sure what number the exam stopped at, but I know for a fact that it wasn't beyond 60.
I'm pretty confident it was 58 or 59. And I passed!!! :)

I had myself pretty convinced that I was going to fail. I was totally psyching myself out, getting more and more nervous as I felt I was getting easier questions. I hate exams like these, that adjust to your level. We had them in high school as well, and I feel like you just always come out of them having no idea how you did. None the less, I'm brushing up quite a bit (read: rereading my entire textbook!) before I take a job as an EMT.

Hockey

Quackers
Funny story...kinda?

Took it 3 times.

First time-cut me off at 75...thought I passed...failed...somehow...

Several months later, took it again for the hay of it, 80...didn't know if I did REALLY good or REALLY bad....

I guess I did really bad...

Bought a ton of study guides...(I did VERY good in my EMT class)

Took it again a few weeks later with one of them all or nothing feelings...

Was down state for family stuff, went to test in the AM, they didn't have my name or anything on the schedule. Was very very disapointed/upset. Got myself sick worrying about it. Honestly...I prayed...like seriously prayed that I didn't have to take it that day...and it came true.

So they scheduled it the next day, went in, took it.

Before going in, I was joking with a buddy of mine that went through the course with me that it would cut me off at some strange # like 123.

I'm not kidding, I really wish I was, but it cut me off after answering question #123. I know this because I recall looking and going Jeesh, how many more...

Seriously didn't think I passed till I checked later in the afternoon. Talk about all the weight, and stress in the world lifted off you...

I went through the fire academy, and told myself and everyone else that I would NEVER go in the medical field especially EMS. Met a wonderful girl who told me I am really good with people and should do it since my job at the hospital (Public Safety) would pay for it. Thought what the heck why not and I'm here now...

reese919

Forum Ride Along
Just took my EMT-B test a couple hours ago. Knocked me off at exactly 70. I honestly don't know how I did. This is my second attempt. If I fail, I'm going to lose it. :( I hate the not knowing more than anything though.

bowulf

Forum Probie
I too got stopped exactly at 70 yesterday. I was not sure I passed, and if I had read some of the reports of being stopped that early and failing I might have really stressed. Honestly coming out of the exam, I was maybe 65-35 that I passed vs failed. The questions are just that whacked with all the distractors.

I got word this morning that I passed, so now I can focus on being a good EMT not a good EMT test taker.

reese919

Forum Ride Along
bowulf,

Congrats on passing! I keep checking online hoping that they'll post results on a Saturday. This is ruining my weekend. LOL.

bowulf

Forum Probie
Reese - that is specifically why I changed my test from Friday to Thursday because I realized I couldn't handle a weekend of waiting for a response. You definitely have my empathy. :)

rjddvm

Forum Crew Member
Mine stopped at 60-something, I think. The last time I looked I was at 56, got booted a few minutes later (after about 25 minutes), and was so stunned to be booted I forgot to look at how many questions I'd answered.

I was absolutely convinced I'd failed, but I passed.

micsaver

Forum Crew Member
Passed :)

As the questions got closer to 70 I stared to get nervous so I tried not to pay attention to the number. It was 65 when I looked last. A few questions latter it suddenly ended. It was about 70. The last question was something about a woman in her 33 week of pregnancy - signs & symptoms, what could be her issue? I got it right and woohoo I passed :)

reese919

Forum Ride Along
I PASSED!!!!!!!! My God, I feel so much better now. I've been an absolute wreck all weekend. I just knew that I had failed.

In case you missed my prior post, mine stopped at 70. EMT-Basic exam

LincNebr

Forum Probie
I PASSED!!!!!!!! My God, I feel so much better now. I've been an absolute wreck all weekend. I just knew that I had failed.

In case you missed my prior post, mine stopped at 70. EMT-Basic exam

Congrats!

I think that's the whole reason for this room/chat/whatever. Most all of us felt just like you after taking the test. And for me, someone who also had to wait the whole weekend to find out he passed, I know exactly how you felt.

Tom in Lincoln