Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
EMT-B
70.. passed.. and I knew I did,,, got the last question right. I had 3 ALS control drug questions but I got them right using the "sounds like" technique

We used Bradys for the class and Mosby's for our self review ( me and 3 firemen) .. We were very well prepared and using mosby and about 30 hours of intensive review we all passed ... Mosby was the best tip I got from this site..The firemen taking the test with me had 120,84,91 questions
Congrats, and welcome to EMTLife!

trackmedic

Forum Crew Member
It is unfortunate that most of you where not properly briefed by your instructor on how the National Registry exam works.

The perfect student will get 1/2 of the test wrong. Yes.. in the old days that would be a 50. With computer based adaptive testing, as long as 1/2 of those questions remain above the minimum competency level, you will pass the test. All students are given a minimum of 60 questions to begin to figure their baseline.

This video from the registry explains the whole process. This is on the DVD that was sent to all instructors along with a letter strongly urging them to show it to their students.

http://www.nremt.org/downloads/CBT-CAT.wmv

It takes a few minutes to load, even on high speed.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Passed! 81!
Looks like I am a NREMT-P now, ah scary!

Last edited by a moderator:

ILemt

Forum Lieutenant
Um... when I took the National Registry, it was paper based. I completed the whole thing and passed with a score in the 80's.

emtjen15

Forum Probie
I had 71 and passed it took me 20 minutes. Some of the questions were in left field though. I had no idea what to put.

Tina

Forum Ride Along
134 and I passed on my first try. :) ( August 4th 2008 )

I had read this thread the day before my exam, which was a bad thing.
During my exam I passed 70 then 80 etc, and I was sure I had bombed it completely. It made me stress like crazy.

It just seem wrong that I can pass with a high number, when everybody else
pass with only 70 - 80 questions :unsure:

Oh well, as long as I passed I am happy.

rchristi

Forum Crew Member
Congrats

During my exam I passed 70 then 80 etc, and I was sure I had bombed it completely. It made me stress like crazy.

Nice job, I see it as a matter of you not losing your cool and working the test all the way to a successful conclusion.
The CAT format test is so different than many of us are used to and at a gut level I felt like I did poorly.
Be that as it may, congratulations and good luck. You now have official permission to really start learning.::)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

What do they call the guy who graduates last in his class from Med school?

Doctor.

It doesn't matter the score... as long as you can take the book knowledge, and learn the skills to function well on the street.

Derek

Forum Ride Along
re

Passed it three months ago. It was my first attempt so it was kinda nerve wrecking when it stopped that low. =O

EMT-B

backcountrymedic

Forum Ride Along
I just got home from testing for EMT-B. Stopped at 76 questions or so.. Im not too sure if I passed or not. Scared :censored::censored::censored::censored:less!:blink:

ladymathis

Forum Ride Along
EMT-B passed on the first try and it shut off on 75. I was SO scared I didn't pass. My husband passed his on first try as well and it shut off on like 115.

gillysaurus

Forum Lieutenant
Mine shut off around 74-76-ish...

... And I PASSED! :)

I was so freaking nervous. To tell the truth, I have no idea whether or not I got the last question right. I've had very differing opinions!

Excited2bEMT

Forum Ride Along
I took the test today and I left not knowing if I passed or failed. The test stopped me at 68 questions. I hope that I passed!!!! :unsure:

bigslofirebo'

Forum Ride Along
yes frustrated

why can't they just tell you then and there if you passed or failed? that is the beauty of an e-test.

So, I was flustered by this test as my department has gone from administering a local emt test to NREMT test. Instead of a refresher we had to go to 2 weeks of study to take this test. Alot of good questions, the last of which shut off the test at about 68, and I think I missed it.

So if I missed the last question did I fail? Seems to be the trend...

Same with some CPR/AED questions....no reference to book or AHA, etc.

LincNebr

Forum Probie
I hope you know....

Sometimes people in this forum do not respond to those that have the uncertainty fear that they flunked the test. To those people that don't get a response please know that most all of us in here were once like you are now... up in the air about our passing the test as well. It's a tough time sweating out the results... but know that you are not alone. You...are...not...alone.

Tom in Lincoln