Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

Tx1Nguyen

Forum Probie
Took the new Paramedic Exam today. Minimum is now 110. Stopped at 138. Pending results

Clelin

Forum Ride Along
Any results yet ? I took the old test form in April and passed but would like to take the new one to get my national since I didn’t take the psychomotor.

Tx1Nguyen

Forum Probie
Any results yet ? I took the old test form in April and passed but would like to take the new one to get my national since I didn’t take the psychomotor.
I failed . Made a 940.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Went the full #150

Passed
Assuming you weren't randomly picked to go the full 150, the system needed the entire 150 to determine whether or not you passed. That means you were likely straddling the line between pass and fail and when you reached the end of the test, you were ever so slightly above passing standard so you were given a "pass" result. That also means you could have just as easily been ever so slightly below passing standard and could have gotten a "fail" result.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Assuming you weren't randomly picked to go the full 150, the system needed the entire 150 to determine whether or not you passed. That means you were likely straddling the line between pass and fail and when you reached the end of the test, you were ever so slightly above passing standard so you were given a "pass" result. That also means you could have just as easily been ever so slightly below passing standard and could have gotten a "fail" result.

NomadicMedic

There is no one “randomly selected to receive all the questions“ That is an old wives tale that’s been passed on for years.

How do I know? I was the National Registry exam representative for South Central Pennsylvania for several years.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
There is no one “randomly selected to receive all the questions“ That is an old wives tale that’s been passed on for years.

How do I know? I was the National Registry exam representative for South Central Pennsylvania for several years.
I only added that as a few people from the NCLEX (similar exam system) are randomly selected for that... but it sounds like NREMT has gotten smarter about that. In any event, I quite suspect that if you reach the max number of questions, the system likely has a slightly different rule set from what it follows prior to reaching that point.

To the point of random selection, I'm glad the NREMT is a bit smarter than the way the NCLEX is run. I would have greatly disliked the idea of being randomly selected to do all the questions when I could have (and did in my case) completed exam at the minimum. It's been quite a number of years, I doubt I'd be able to pass the NREMT at minimum COLD... but I have little doubt that I'd be able to at least pass in one sitting.

NomadicMedic

I only added that as a few people from the NCLEX (similar exam system) are randomly selected for that... but it sounds like NREMT has gotten smarter about that. In any event, I quite suspect that if you reach the max number of questions, the system likely has a slightly different rule set from what it follows prior to reaching that point.

To the point of random selection, I'm glad the NREMT is a bit smarter than the way the NCLEX is run. I would have greatly disliked the idea of being randomly selected to do all the questions when I could have (and did in my case) completed exam at the minimum. It's been quite a number of years, I doubt I'd be able to pass the NREMT at minimum COLD... but I have little doubt that I'd be able to at least pass in one sitting.

The NCLEX does not select random candidates for all the questions either. That’s another myth.