Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

Joe

Forum Captain
127 passed first attempt. although i think i just skimmed in.

AngelEyes

Forum Probie
Stopped at 73...Passed

Malissa

Forum Probie
Took my test on friday morning. Kicked off on question # 71. Finally found out today after the really long 3 day weekend that I passed.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

DrakeZ07

Forum Ride Along
89 questions; 20 minutes. Failed, with all but cardiology being below passing.

Funny thing though, I finished my EMT-B training at the top of my class.

Joe

Forum Captain
89 questions; 20 minutes. Failed, with all but cardiology being below passing.

Funny thing though, I finished my EMT-B training at the top of my class.

yea im the first one out of my class in May to pass the nremt. passed on 1st attempt. its almost like the tests we took in class had no bearing on preparing us for the nremt. instead of just reading the questions, put your self on the scene. now im sure i jsut barely managed to pass(over 100 questions) but a pass is a pass. also if you have an iphone theres an app that helped me alot. its called 911 toolkit. its like 7 bucks or so but it gives you scenerio based questions. also the NREMT study guide. i think you can get that on amazon.

good luck and hope you pass it soon!

MisterMidas

Forum Ride Along
EMT-B
1st attempt -120 questions, failed (obviously)
2nd attempt - 70 questions, passed....but wasnt totally confident that I had passed when I left.

Cant tell you how happy I was when I found out that I passed it though, felt like a 1000lb gorilla was on my back before, and I sent his butt back to the zoo! My test was mostly knowing ABC's, assesment steps especially for AED, trauma and medical, and knowing baseline vitals for children, infants and adults. With a little bit of medical scenarios thrown in also. I used a great site to help me with tons of practice questions everyday the 2nd time around, which if I had known of the 1st time, it woulda saved me $70. The site is http://www.emt-national-training.com/ for anybody interested. I knew that I knew my stuff the 2nd time around, but I guess human nature is to doubt yourself, especially with the way this test is made to progressively get harder if u answer correctly. But some of those questions, I was looking at like :wacko:. I remember one question that asked me something about a guy being stranded on a high inclined hill and what type of rescue technique to use. I was like, "What in the world is this???" It also asked me 2 different questions twice, not rephrased how some people here have said, but the EXACT same question. I dont know if that means you got it wrong the 1st time and its givng you another opportunity or what. But both questions I answered the same since my answer for both, even after going over it thoroughly seemed like the most logical choice.

One thing that I was dissapointed I didnt see on the test was any GCS or APGAR questions! I know GCS and APGAR better than any doctor alive right about now I studied that stuff so much!! Regardless though, the trend I see is basically if you've studied and you get stopped at 70 even, you're set. I've been through this entire thread and have only seen ONE person who said they got stopped at 70 and failed. And only 3 people altogether from various websites who say they stopped at 70 even and failed. Compared to well over 100 that I've seen pass at 70, including myself. But for people who havent scheduled yet, for your own sanity, DO NOT schedule on a Friday!! I took my test on July 2nd, and had to wait all weekend, PLUS Monday before I finally found out my results. I didnt let on to anybody during the holiday, but I was stressing out bigtime behind my holiday smile lol. Just gives you way more time to think of everything you missed on the test, which is exactly what I did. I know better for my paramedic test, in about a year or so!

EMTRylee

Forum Ride Along
70 and passed. You for sure feel like you failed but apparently from all the responses here,70 or close to 70 is the magic number.

Ocean711

Forum Crew Member
My test stopped around 70-75 questions (I wasn't paying attention to the question #) and I passed. Good luck to those who need to take it!

Naota_X

Forum Crew Member
mine was 70 and i passed

Fbarba123

Forum Lieutenant
I passed in 87 questions it grades on a curve so it depends on how many you get right or wrong in a row in a way

Yea, there is no curve. You either know the material or you don't. You obviously knew enough to pass, but you also don't know how adaptive tests work. Either way, congrats.

medic417

The Truth Provider

Yeltnarb

Forum Ride Along
Just got done taking my NREMT-I....Think I failed, had 130 questions....What do yall think?

medic417

The Truth Provider
Just got done taking my NREMT-I....Think I failed, had 130 questions....What do yall think?

Don't fret it. Just relax and enjoy. You'll know tonight or in the morning.