Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

lincomm

Forum Ride Along
Just took the NREMT-Paramedic exam. It ended after 79 questions with 1 1/2 hours left. We'll see what happens...

PRobertucci

Forum Ride Along
Hi! I have been lurking here for a while. Now that I completed my NREMT-B test I have something to write about.

The test stopped me at 68 questions. Most of my questions were basic A-B-C stuff but of course it had 2 wrong answers 1 right answer and 1 better answer.

I got a lot of cpr questions and a lot of transporting patients (What position).

I left the test thinking a failed, for sure, but I did pass on my first attempt.

Words of advice (all of which are posted here already) 1. Do not sway from your assesment ordering. If airway is patent already your next step is breathing. Think basic!

2. Never ever take your test of friday like I did... You will not get your result until Monday and it is torture.

Oh one more thing i am pretty sure I got my last question wrong.

Be safe

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:

WarDance

Forum Lieutenant
Ok so I didn't want to say this until I found out I had passed for sure but that test was REALLY easy. It was almost all ABCs and just really general knowldege. I don't know why I spent so much time memorizing the GCS, APGAR or any other scale.

Yeah and the Friday test day sucks! Don't do it!

PRobertucci

Forum Ride Along
Ok so I didn't want to say this until I found out I had passed for sure but that test was REALLY easy. It was almost all ABCs and just really general knowldege. I don't know why I spent so much time memorizing the GCS, APGAR or any other scale.

Yeah and the Friday test day sucks! Don't do it!

That is so funny. Studied the same stuff gcs, apgar. I did not see any of it!

Congrats on your passing1

JGUSresponder

Forum Ride Along
Minimum and PASSED!!!!!

The test took me like 20 minutes max and it shut off directly at 70 questions. Talk about a stressful 3 hrs before I received the results.

WarDance

Forum Lieutenant
That is so funny. Studied the same stuff gcs, apgar. I did not see any of it!

Congrats on your passing1

I had one GCS question and I was all over it! I was looking up stuff like Cushing's Triad the night before. Apparently I was studying for the wrong test!

csly27

Forum Lieutenant
Just took my emt-b today stopped at 72. still waiting to see how I did

mikeN

Forum Lieutenant
124 and passed. I knew nothing about how the test worked before going. I thought it was like the mass testing with 100 questions. I wasn't thrilled seeing question 101.

csly27

Forum Lieutenant
Holy crap I passed. I am so excited when I left yesterday I was not so sure. I swear I was checking like every 2 hours, but it was waiting when I woke up this morning :)

cjar107013

Forum Ride Along
I found this website via StumbleUpon and I spent twenty minutes or so reading this thread. I'm interested in how the NREMT is scored so I read about twenty three of the pages and then heard my wine calling me.

So, for the statistics, I took my NREMT for the EMT-B May of last year ad I was kicked off at 42 questions and I passed. It took me 14 minutes.

Here is my story. I am good at classes and I am good at taking tests. I am an ARFF in Arizona and I took the EMT-B to develop professionally. I thought the class was challenging but not too hard.

The week I was to take my NREMT computer test was the week before the big salmonella scare of last year. My partner and I were on duty, doing ARFF stuff around our airport, when suddenly, we wanted dinner. We called my wife to bring us Mexican food and we were set for the night. The Mexican joint we ordered from had a wide selection of salsa. I got the hot while my wife and my partner got the mild. Things got a bit iffy after that.

I had been in the can for a few days, regretting the hot sauce, when the phone rang. It was the testing center; they had an earlier slot. I said I'd be there in a half an hour. I went to take the test.

It was horrible. My stomach was trying to kill me from the coffee I had drank for breakfast and from the nervousness of the test and from the salmonella I'm pretty sure took up residence in my stomach. I answered forty two questions. I dare somebody to ask me why I don't remember the answer 42. I took 14 minutes.

I sweated for 4 days. I got a patch. The earlier replies in this thread for under 70 scores seem to have a tinge of hostility. I'm sorry if that has been corrected in the 17 pages I haven't read. Please let me know how your research is going.